A Brave New World: Austria
Want to work in Austria? Austria's vacancy has shot up to 51.4% as compared to 2021. If you want to take your career to the next level by working in Austria, we can help you. Get your skill assessment, application, and job assistance today.
Get in Touch with us!
Why Choose Austria for Work?
Austria currently has 281,000 vacancies that need to be filled by efficient workers. Austria offers an outstanding work-life balance and a high salary. The Red White and Red card is a mix of work and residence permits that you get only after you get an employment offer.
Would you like to change your life and work with a picturesque backdrop? Here are some reasons to tell you why you should:
Austria has one of the strongest economies in the world. Working in Austria comes with many benefits. Austria is home to Vienna, which was declared the most livable city in 2018. Austria ranked 10th on the list of happiest countries in the world happiness index this year.
Austria pays a high minimum wage to its workers. In 2020, the minimum salary in Austria was 1,500 euros. The higher salary levels help the employees lead a high-quality life. Due to the labor laws and social security system, people from other countries working in Austria are completely safe and secured by the government.
Austria also offers a healthy work-life balance. In Austria, workers are offered a 40-hour workweek. A mandatory 25 days rest leaves up to four working days per week. Austria is also a multicultural country that offers great opportunities for people in this country to grow their network. People who work in Austria also enjoy a plethora of support provided by their employers.
Employees can have the benefits of paternal leave, leave to pursue education, etc. Also, in some workplaces, employers offer mindfulness training, yoga, etc. to employees.
Explore The Salaries of The Highest Paying Jobs in Austria
In Austria, opportunities galore! Would your career take off with this new salary range? Yes! Fill in the details below to find out.
Understanding Austria Job Seeker Visa
The job-seeker visa is a type of temporary visa permit that allows you to move and search for career opportunities in Austria. Now, are you willing to start your career in Austria? Do you know the eligibility criteria for the job-seeker visa? Worry not! Here are your answers.
To get a job-seeker visa in Austria, you will need to have the following eligibility factors in your profile.
- The applicant must have university qualifications for a minimum duration of 4 years in relevance to the nominated occupation.
- Hold sufficient funds for the intended stay in Austria, which they would require at the time of application.
- Should claim 70 points out of 100 on the points calculator.
Requirements to get points:
- Experience with a relevant qualification or as a Senior Manager.
- The applicant's age should be between 18-45 years to claim points.
Wondering how to get the visa without much hassle? Here is a quick step-by-step of the process. We will help you throughout the entire journey!
- Step: 1 Embassy Appointment
- Step: 2 File Preparation
- Step: 3 Embassy Submission
- Step: 4 Embassy Decision
No, a job seeker visa is not a work permit. It only allows you to enter Austria for a limited time to search for a job. Once you find employment, you need to apply for a work Red-White-Red card.
Red White and Red card is a work and residence permit that helps immigrants to stay and work in Austria for 24 months. You can extend and renew your permit with proof of employment in Austria. The Red White and Red cards are issued to individuals with a valid employment offer from an Austrian employer.
Do you want to see if you are eligible for the Red, White, and Red card? See if you can check all the boxes below.
- University qualifications for a minimum duration of 4 years in relevance to the nominated occupation.
- Should claim 70 points out of 100 on the points calculator
Different factors affect your points for the JSV or RWR card in Austria. The different factors accounted for in the calculation of your score include,
- Language Proficiency
- Educational Qualifications
- Work Experience
- Job offer and salary
- Studies in Austria
Check out the link to Calculate Your Points
- Experience with a relevant qualification or as a Senior Manager
- The applicant's age should be between 18-45 years to claim points
- A proper job offer from an Austrian employer.
The application fee for an Austria job-seeker visa is around $150. However, this does not include the cost of the total application process. Everything from skill assessment to language tests has a different cost.
If you have landed a job offer in Austria, you can apply for a Red White and Red card. You will need to apply for the Red white and red card to a competent government authority in Austria. In case of family reunification, the applicant will need to apply for a red white and red card plus.
At the time of the first application applicants must prove their proficiency to speak German.
Your Journey With Us
Willing to move to Austria on a job-seeker visa? Here's how GetGIS can help you.
1. Profile EvaluationGetGIS will evaluate your profile thoroughly to identify any risk factor that might be the huddle between you and an Austria-job seeker visa and help you resolve the issue.
2. Language EligibilityGetGIS helps you prepare for your language eligibility test (IELTS/CELPIP/PTE), with a guaranteed band score to increase your chances.
3. Educational CheckGetGIS helps you get all your necessary educational documents in hand to complete your application process properly.
4. Filling of JSV applicationGetGIS helps you file your JSV application properly to lower your chances of getting rejected.
5. Receiving the Job-Seeker VisaAfter filing the visa application, you have to wait to get it approved by the immigration authorities. After 8 weeks, you will get your approval.
Helping People Navigate the Path to a New Life Abroad
GetGIS has a strong client base spread all around the world, with 750 plus successful PR immigration completed, along with assisting and training students from 50 nationalities to help them secure an average IELTS 7.5 band score.
Helping People Navigate the Path to a New Life Abroad
Resume writing assistance
Top 5 Job Portal Optimization
IELTS training for enhanced score
Discover Your Prospects to Enriching Career Opportunities with Austrian Job Seeker Visa
Our comprehensive video series has you covered. With in-depth guidance on visa requirements, document preparation, and interview tips, you'll be well-equipped to navigate the complex Austrian immigration system
Insider Tips: How to Make Your Immigration Dreams a Reality
"The Latest Immigration Blogs: Stay Informed and Up-to-Date" is your one-stop destination for the most up-to-date information on immigration policies and procedures.
What Is Austria Red White Red Card and How It Helps You Get Job Seeker Visa
Things You Should Know About Austria Job Seeker Visa
Working in Austria? Delve into the Charm of the Scenic Austrian Milieu
Work, Life and Leisure: Experience the High Standards of Austrian Living
Unlocking the Perks of Austria: Secure Country & Tax Benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Red, white, and Red Card?The Red, White, and Red Card is a work and residence permit for people with a valid job offer from an Austrian employer.
What is the validity of a Red, White, and Red card?The RWR card is valid for at least six months. Once your visa expires, you can reapply with valid proof of employment.
What is the age limit to get a Red, White, and Red card?The age limit to get an RWR card is between 18 and 45 years.
What is the process of getting a Red, White, and Red card?If you want to apply for an RWR card, you need to follow these steps.
- Step 1: Book an embassy appointment
- Step:2 Prepare your file properly
- Step:3 Visit the embassy to submit your file
- Step: 4 Wait for the embassy's decision.
How much does it cost to apply for an RWR card?The total cost breakdown for the visa application process for the RWR card is as follows
Expenses included -
- Visa Fees: 8k- 12k INR
- Health Insurance: 7k -15k INR
- If any document attestation is required: 3k - 5k INR
What is the cost of living in Austria?The cost of living in Austria can be quite high. However, as the salary is higher in Austria, living in Austria is not a big problem. The cost of living in Austria is nearly INR 81,308.
Can my parents stay with me under an RWR?Yes, you can take your parents to Austria to live with you under the RWR card.
How much time does it take to get an RWR?It takes nearly 2-3 months to process the request for an RWR card.
What are the necessary documents needed to get an RWR card from Austria?The necessary documents for an RWR card are,
- Valid Passport
- Degree Certificates, Marksheets, Transcripts
- Resume, Experience / Reference Letter
- Health Insurance
- English / German language test results (if any)