Canada's Latest Working Holiday Visa Draw Issues 4,570 Invitations to Welcome More International Youths
In the latest Canada Working Holiday Visa draw of 2024, 4,570 invitations for open work permits were issued during the week ending February 3, 2024.
Currently, there are 44,433 spots available for individuals from 35 eligible countries under the Working Holiday visa category. There are 31,155 eligible candidates in the pool. Under the Young Professional category, 547 closed work permit invitations were issued, while the International Co-op (internship) category sent out 142 invitations.
The complete list of eligible countries, along with the number of latest invitations sent this week, available spots, 2024 quota, and applicants in the pool, is detailed below.
1. Canada Working Holiday Visa Invitations
Recipients of the Working Holiday invitation receive an open work permit, enabling them to work for virtually any company in Canada. You qualify if you originate from an eligible country without a job offer and intend to work for multiple companies in Canada.
2. Young Professionals Category
In the Young Professionals category, selected candidates are granted a closed work permit specifically for one employer in Canada. Individuals interested in this category must fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
International Co-op (Internship)
Individuals in the International Co-op (Internship) category are granted a work visa that is specific to their employer. You are eligible for this category if:
- You are a postsecondary student who has secured a work placement or internship position in Canada, and
- You are required to fulfill this job placement or internship as part of your educational program.
Immigrate To Canada With GetGIS!
Canada presents excellent opportunities through multiple draws. GetGIS offers valuable guidance and support to international individuals seeking to launch their careers in Canada. Additionally, we offer immigration assistance for safely relocating to countries such as Germany, Australia, Netherlands, and Sweden. Schedule a complimentary consultation with us today!
1. Can a working holiday visa lead to permanent residency?
Can I Get Permanent Residency With a Working Holiday Visa 417? No, you cannot get a permanent visa via the working holiday visa 417. A visa 417 is only temporary, but you may apply for another visa that will lead to permanent residency in Australia.
2. Can I get a 2nd working holiday visa for Canada?
Even if your country only allows one participation through the YMA, you can participate up to two more times if you apply through an IEC Recognized Organization.
3. What is the age limit for a working holiday visa?
18 to 30 years old
This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (or 35 years old for some countries) have their first extended holiday in Australia and work here to help fund their trip. For an indication of processing times for this visa, use the visa processing time guide tool.
4. How long does it take for a working holiday visa to be approved in Canada?
It takes 56 days to process your application from the date you submit it. Processing will only start after you have submitted biometrics and will stop if we ask for any additional documents. An applicant looks at the “International Experience Canada: How to apply” web page.
5. What is a 3-year Working Holiday Visa in Australia?
The Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) is a visa for young adults who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to 3 years. It is a visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries. You may apply for up to 3 Working Holiday visas.
- IRCC Marks PTE Scores as Eligibility For Canada Immigrants
- Exciting Update: Latest Express Entry Draw Grants 730 Permanent Residency Invitations!
- Ontario Education Initiative - Elevates Integrity & Quality
- Breaking News: IRCC Invites 1,040 Candidates to PR