Beyond the Draw: Why Entering the Express Entry Pool Now is Advantageous?
Despite the recent pause in Express Entry draws, there are still many reasons why you should enter the pool now. Entering the pool can give you a significant advantage in the Canadian immigration process, and you will be eligible for an additional 600 points toward your CRS score.
The COVID-19 pandemic brought a pause in Express Entry draws, with no draws since October 26th. While this is a departure from the traditional draw schedule, there are still many reasons why you may want to enter the Express Entry pool. Here are a few things to consider.
Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs
While you wait for the Express Entry draws to resume, you might still be invited to apply for permanent residence through a provincial nominee program.
Points to Remember
- Provincial nominee programs are designed to attract immigrants to specific provinces and territories, based on their skills and experience.
- A provincial nomination is a powerful advantage in the Express Entry system, with candidates receiving an additional 600 points towards their CRS score.
- Many Canadian provinces and territories operate their own provincial nominee programs, each with its own eligibility criteria and immigration streams.
- In November 2023, Ontario issued over 1,000 notifications of interest to candidates for its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.
This demonstrates that even though there has been a pause in Express Entry draws, you can still be invited to apply for permanent residence if you are in the pool.
Invitations to apply for candidates with lower CRS scores
Express Entry draws can resume at any time, and with almost any CRS score cut-off. There have been times when IRCC has held draws with very low CRS cut-offs, inviting candidates with scores in the 300s.
These lower CRS scores are often associated with category-based selection draws, which focus on specific industries or occupations. For example, IRCC has recently held draws for candidates with strong French language proficiency or who have work experience in healthcare, STEM, trades, transport, or agriculture.
Canadian Government’s Job Bank “Plus Account”
Another benefit of being in the Express Entry pool is that it gives you the ability to create a “Plus Account” in the Canadian government’s online Job Bank. This allows you to find suitable job opportunities, which may in turn increase your chances of receiving a Canadian job offer.
A Canadian job offer can result in 50 or 200 extra CRS points, which will significantly boost your chances of receiving an ITA. If you do get an ITA with a job offer, you will be well-positioned to settle in Canada and start your new life.
Is it still worth entering the Express Entry pool?
Despite the pause in Express Entry draws, there are still many reasons why you may want to enter the pool. If you are eligible to enter, it is a good idea to do so, as it can give you a significant advantage in the Canadian immigration process.
Here are some of the key takeaways.
- You may still be invited to apply for permanent residence through a provincial nominee program.
- Express Entry draws can resume at any time, and with almost any CRS score cut-off.
- Being in the Express Entry pool gives you access to the Canadian government’s Job Bank “Plus Account”, which can help you find a job in Canada.
If you have any questions about the Express Entry process, please contact an immigration consultant like GetGIS.
Start Your Canadian Immigration Journey with GetGIS!
As you navigate the complexities of Canadian immigration, it is crucial to partner with an experienced and reliable immigration consultant. GetGIS stands out as the ideal partner for your immigration journey, offering comprehensive support, personalized guidance, and a proven track record of success.
With GetGIS by your side, you can rest assured that your immigration application is in expert hands. Our expertise, dedication, and unwavering support can help you confidently pursue your Canadian dreams and achieve your immigration goals.
Don't wait! Schedule a Free Consultation today!
1. What are Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)?
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) are designed to attract immigrants with the skills and experience that are needed in specific provinces and territories in Canada. A provincial nomination can significantly increase your chances of receiving an ITA for permanent residence.
2. How can I increase my chances of receiving a provincial nomination?
You can increase your chances of receiving a provincial nomination by carefully researching the PNP requirements for the province or territory you are interested in, and ensuring that your skills and experience align with their needs. Additionally, having a strong CRS score can also make you more competitive for a provincial nomination.
3. What is the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)?
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is a points-based system used to rank Express Entry candidates. Candidates are awarded points based on their age, education, work experience, language skills, and other factors. A higher CRS score means that you are more likely to receive an ITA.
4. What can I do to improve my CRS score?
There are a number of things you can do to improve your CRS score, such as:
- Taking English or French language tests
- Gaining more work experience
- Getting a higher education
5. What is the Job Bank "Plus Account"?
The Job Bank "Plus Account" is an online platform that allows Express Entry candidates to search for job opportunities in Canada and connect with potential employers. A Canadian job offer can give you an additional 50 or 200 CRS points.