High Employment in Canada: Getting a Job Abroad Has Never Been Easier
Table of Contents[Show]
- Career Opportunities in Canada
- Leading Canadian Industries with High Employment Opportunities
- Major Industries in Canada
- Growth Industries in Canada
- Canadian Industries with Skill Shortages
- Highest Paying Jobs in Canada
- Finding Employment After Completing Your Studies
- How to Get Work in Canada?
- Embrace Canada’s Thriving Job Market
- Thinking of Moving Abroad? Here's How We Can Help
Canada added around 200,000 new jobs from January to March, 2023, proving that employment rates have been steadily increasing in the country from the beginning of this year. This means that, for newcomers, the job market in Canada offers a wealth of opportunities.
Current and prospective immigrants can take full benefit from subsidized government-funded resources and programmes to settle into their life in Canada. So, let’s explore the job opportunities in Canada for immigrants!
Career Opportunities in Canada
According to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Canada is a great place to invest owing to its public health care system, education benefits, safety, and economic stability.
More than 25% of the people who are working in Canada belong to a minority group, according to the most recent census data. It signifies that the workforce in Canada is expanding and diversifying. This makes Canada a great option for immigration in comparison to other nations.
Leading Canadian Industries with High Employment Opportunities
You can work with some of the world’s leading companies across all industries in Canada. Let’s take a look at the major employers in Canada.
Major Industries in Canada
- Commercial Banking
- Real estate
- Energy production
Growth Industries in Canada
- Primary Healthcare
- Oil drilling and gas extraction
- Precious metal mining
Canadian Industries with Skill Shortages
- Accounting and Commerce
- Engineers - Aerospace and Electrical engineering in particular
- HR and Management
- Healthcare - Nursing and Pharmacy in particular
- Veterinary Sciences
- Web Development
Highest Paying Jobs in Canada
Here is a list of the highest paying jobs in the Canadian market:
|Field||Profession||Average Annual Income|
|Computer Science & IT||Full Stack Developer||$87,915|
|IT Project Manager||$91,300|
Finding Employment After Completing Your Studies
The Post-Graduation Work Permit Programme (PGWPP) application deadline is 90 days after you get written proof that you have successfully completed your academic degree programme.
You can also apply for a work permit in your field with or without a job offer. There are 2 types of work permits:
1. Employer-specific work permit: Your company may ask you to apply for this if you have a job offer in Canada.
2. Open work permit: You can work for any employer in Canada with an open work permit.
How to Get Work in Canada?
Thousands of people move to Canada for work or higher education. You can also be among the many who choose to settle down in Canada and build your future there.
Express Entry is the primary method used in Canada to handle applications for permanent residence from skilled workers. The Express Entry immigration screening method has the significant benefit of processing applications in six months or less.
Whether you’re a professional highly skilled worker or a tradesman, you can choose the Express Entry pathway to speed up your immigration process.
Let’s take a look at the 3 types of Express Entry Programs:
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program: This path is for skilled workers with work experience who want to immigrate and settle in Canada.
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program: This path is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents of Canada based on being qualified in a skilled trade such as electrician, plumber, truck driver etc.
3. Canadian Experience Class: This path is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents of Canada.
Embrace Canada’s Thriving Job Market
If you have a high level of education, an excellent grasp of the English language, and relevant work experience, you stand a good chance of being invited to submit a request for Canadian permanent residence through Express Entry.
In case you choose to live and work in Canada, given its stunning natural beauty, low cost of living, and hospitable locals but are confused about the immigration process, talk to a GetGIS consultant and find out how you can achieve your dreams!
Thinking of Moving Abroad? Here's How We Can Help
- Point calculation: In GetGIS, we calculate your points on your behalf to eliminate any chances of rejection or failure.
- Visa application: GetGIS helps you to complete your visa application properly and we even train you for your visa interview process, to make your immigration journey easier.
- Preparation for Language Test: GetGIS offers you expert guidance for your preparation for language tests like IELTS/PTE/CELPIP.
- Expert guidance for each step of your immigration: With GetGIS, you rest assured about your immigration journey. We help you to take every step in the right direction to make your immigration journey smooth.
- Job Search assistance: At GetGIS you receive complete job search assistance, from CV optimization, to mock interviews everything is covered by GetGIS. And we won’t leave you alone until you get your job in your dream country.
So don’t waste your time thinking about the best time to visit Canada. Start your career in Canada with GetGIS by Booking a Free Consultation Today!
Useful Links: Further Reading and Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the skilled worker/professional category of immigration to Canada require a job offer?
Who issues work permits for Canada?
Is IELTS a requirement for working in Canada?
How much does it cost to get a Canada work permit?
Can I include family members on my Canadian work permit application?