Complete Information on Queensland Skilled Occupation List - QSOL
Table of Contents[Show]
Have you ever dreamed of making Queensland your new home? Well, the opportunity has arrived as Queensland unveils the guidelines and prerequisites for state nomination candidates applying for visas SC190 and SC491.
The gateway to your Australian dream might be closer than you think! How ready are you to seize this chance and embark on a new chapter in the Sunshine State?
Overview of the Queensland Skilled Occupation List 2023 - 2024
The Queensland Skilled Occupation List (QSOL) 2023-24 exclusively caters to offshore applicants and encompasses in-demand professions in Queensland, Australia. Tailored to address crucial skills shortages in the state, Migration Queensland releases updated occupation lists annually with the commencement of the skilled visa program.
For the year 2023 - 2024, Queensland initiated its state-nominated skilled migration program on September 5, 2023. There are 900 places for Visa 190 nominations and 650 places for Visa 491 nominations.
Key Requirements for Skilled Occupation Visas in Queensland
Below is the key checklist, covering essential requirements for a successful application
- Achieve a minimum score of 65 on the points test, or meet a higher requirement if specified by Queensland
- Select an occupation from the QSOL list (Detailed below)
- Obtain a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation
- Maintain an age below 45 years
- Demonstrate competency in English, meeting both general and occupation-specific language requirements
- An application fee of AUD300 is applicable after receiving an invitation
- Commit to residing and working in Queensland for 2 years for a 190 visa or 3 years for a 491 visa post-grant
- Fulfill any additional requirements specific to your chosen pathway
Queensland's Strategic Pathways: A Gateway to Skilled Migration
State migration plans empower Australian states and territories to selectively nominate skilled and business migration applicants across diverse industries. This strategic initiative addresses local labor market gaps and entices businesses and investments, creating a seamless avenue for international migrants.
- The Queensland Skilled Nomination Program beckons skilled migrants to become integral members of the community, contributing to the burgeoning economy and embracing a remarkable lifestyle.
- Queensland strategically nominates skilled migrants in high-demand occupations, providing opportunities for both temporary and permanent residency. This program catalyzes skilled migrants to establish their roots in Queensland, offering pathways to permanent residency through subclasses 190 and 491.
- To pursue the permanent skilled nominated visa 190 or the temporary regional visa subclass 491 in Queensland, candidates must undergo a pre-selection process by the State. Invitations for State Nomination operate on an "invitation only" basis, showcasing the exclusivity of this pathway.
- Queensland's nomination brings substantial advantages, including an additional 5 points for the Skilled Nominated (Permanent) visa (subclass 190) and an extra 15 points for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) in the Home Affairs points test.
Also Read: 10 Best Regional Areas in Australia For PR
Queensland Skilled Occupation List (2023 - 2024)
Below is the Queensland skilled occupation list for Offshore applicants. These lists aim to attract skilled professionals to fill critical workforce gaps and contribute to the country's economic growth.
Navigate Queensland's Occupation List with GetGIS
As we conclude our exploration of Queensland's Skilled Occupation List, it becomes evident that this curated list not only addresses the state's skill shortages but also serves as a gateway for skilled migrants aspiring for Australian residency.
To embark on this journey seamlessly, considering professional assistance is crucial. GetGIS stands as a reliable ally for those aiming to navigate the complexities of the Australian PR process. Their expertise ensures a smooth transition, making your dream of permanent residency in Australia a tangible reality. Schedule a Free Consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to get PR in Queensland?
What skills are in demand in Queensland?
What are the benefits of living in Queensland?
What are the English language requirements for Queensland?