Canada Students Visa: Requirements and Fees in 2023
Table of Contents[Show]
If you aspire to build your dream career in Canada, this blog is your comprehensive guide to simplify the entire process. Within pages, you'll find valuable insights, step-by-step instructions, and the essential information to streamline your journey towards pursuing your career aspirations by getting the Canada Students Visa.
Why Study in Canada?
Canada is a rapidly developing country renowned for its high-quality education and various other aspects. Its robust educational system, along with its diverse cultural and economic opportunities, has earned Canada a prominent global reputation. The below-mentioned points determine the scope and benefits of making a career in Canada.
- Canada boasts world-renowned educational institutions, consistently ranked among the best globally. In 2023, Eight Canadian universities earned spots in the prestigious QS World University Rankings' top 200.
- According to a recent study, a significant majority, comprising 60%, of international students who found employment either during their academic journey or after completing their studies successfully transitioned into permanent residents within a decade of receiving their initial study permit.
- Canada boasts a rich diversity with over 250 different ethnic origins, representing a mosaic of cultures and backgrounds. Furthermore, the country is home to around 200 languages from across the globe, in addition to 70 Indigenous languages spoken throughout its regions.
- Upon completing their studies, international students are eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit in Canada. This work permit allows them to gain valuable work experience in Canada for up to three years, enhancing their career prospects.
What is a Canada Student Visa for Indians?
A Canada Student Visa, often referred to as a Canadian Study Permit, is a document issued by the Canadian government that allows Indian students to study in Canada at designated learning institutions (DLIs). This visa is required for Indian students who plan to pursue academic, vocational, or professional courses that are longer than six months in duration in Canada.
What are the Canada Student Visa Requirements For Indians?
The following represents the fundamental visa requirements that an applicant must meet in order to obtain a Canadian Study Visa. These requirements serve as the essential criteria that individuals must satisfy when applying for a study permit to study in Canada.
|Letter of Acceptance||Obtain a Letter of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.|
|Proof of Sufficient Funds||Show proof of financial capacity to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation.|
|Passport||Possess a valid passport that covers your stay in Canada and doesn't expire during your stay.|
|Application Form||Complete the study permit application form online or at the nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC).|
|Biometrics||Provide biometric information (fingerprints and photo) if required.|
|Immigration Medical Examination||Undergo a medical examination if necessary, based on your stay's length and circumstances.|
|Police Clearance Certificate||Furnish a police clearance certificate to demonstrate a clean criminal record if needed.|
|Statement of Purpose||Write a clear and concise statement of purpose detailing your study goals and plans in Canada.|
|Language Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL)||Demonstrate proficiency in English or French, depending on your institution's language, via standardized tests.|
|Photographs||Provide passport-sized photographs as per specified guidelines.|
|Immigration Documentation||Submit additional documents, such as family ties or travel history, as required.|
|Visa Application Fee||Pay the applicable visa application fee, which varies by location and application type.|
Canada Student Visa Fees
The Canada student visa fee is CAD 150, which amounts to 9,317 INR based on the current exchange rate as of July 2023. It's important to note that exchange rates fluctuate, so it's recommended to verify the current rate when you apply for your visa.
Payment options include online with a credit card, issuing a demand draft to the High Commission of Canada for offline payment, or cash at the Visa Application Centre (VAC). Ensure payment when submitting your application or receiving an online payment receipt. VAC service charges, varying by region, are separate and must be paid. Keep payment receipts for proof.
Biometric Fee for Canada Student Visa
In 2018, the Canadian High Commission introduced a new security measure by requiring biometric data from visa applicants. This requirement applies to individuals applying for study visas. To provide their biometrics, applicants must schedule an appointment, during which they will have their fingerprints from all ten fingers taken, along with a photograph. The fee for this biometric process is 85 CAD for international applicants and 5,150 INR for applicants in India.
Also Read:Students Working Hours in Canada in 2023
How To Apply For The Canada Student Visa For Indians?
Applying for a Canada Student Visa as an Indian student involves several steps. Here is a step-by-step process to help you through the further process of applying Canada Student Visa.
- Step 1 - Receive an Acceptance Letter: Before applying for a student visa, you must be accepted by a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada. Ensure you have your acceptance letter as it is a crucial requirement.
- Step 2 - Gather Required Documents: Gather the necessary documents required for the next process.
- Step 3 - Apply Online: Create an account on the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. Fill out the study permit application form (IMM 1294). Upload electronic copies of your documents.
- Step 4 - Biometrics Appointment: If required, schedule a biometrics appointment at a Visa Application Center (VAC) in India and provide your biometric information (fingerprints and photo).
- Step 5 - Attend an Interview: In some cases, you may be required to attend an interview at your nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.
- Step 6 - Wait for Processing: After submitting your application, it will be processed by the Canadian authorities. Processing times may vary, so check the IRCC website for updates.
- Step 7 - Medical Examination: If requested, undergo a medical examination by an approved panel physician.
- Step 8 - Passport Submission: If your application is approved, you will receive a Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. Submit your passport, this letter, and any additional documents to the Visa Application Center.
- Step 9 - Visa Issuance: Once your application is approved, you will receive a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or a Visitor Visa, which allows you to enter Canada.
- Step 10 - Port of Entry: Upon arrival in Canada, present your TRV, Letter of Introduction, and other documents to the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers.
- Step 11 - Study Permit: At the port of entry, the CBSA will issue your study permit, which allows you to study in Canada. Ensure the study permit contains accurate information.
The above-mentioned are the easy steps that represent the process of getting a Canadian Student Visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the Canadian Student Visa valid?
Is IELTS required for a Canada Student Visa?
What are the Minimum Financial Requirements for a Canada Study Visa?
What Is The Study Visa Processing Time For Indians?
How much band is required for a Canada Student Visa?