Difference Between Visit Visa & Tourist Visa: What You Need to Know
Table of Contents[Show]
- What is a Visitor Visa?
- What is a Tourist Visa?
- Difference Between Visit Visa and Tourist Visa
- Requirements for Obtaining a Visitor or Tourist Visa
- How to Apply for a Visit Visa or Tourist Visa?
- Visitor Visa Processing Time
- Tourist Visa Processing Time
- Visitor Visa Fees/ Tourist Visa Fees
- Tips To Choose Between a Visitor and Tourist Visa
- Choosing the Right Visa with GetGIS
When you're planning a trip to a foreign country, one of the first things you'll need to do is obtain a visa. A visa is an official document that allows you to enter and remain in a country for a specific purpose. There are many different types of visas, each with its own specific requirements.
Two of the most common types of visas are visitor visas and tourist visas. Both of these visas allow you to enter a foreign country for a temporary stay, but there are some key differences between a visitor visa and a tourist visa, which shall be discussed in the following blog.
What is a Visitor Visa?
A visitor visa is a type of visa that allows you to enter a foreign country for a period of time between three months to one year for a specific purpose. Visitor visas are non-immigrant visas, which means that the foreign national does not intend to stay in the country permanently. The purpose of your visit can vary, but it typically includes things like:
- Visiting friends or family
- Conducting business
- Receiving medical treatment
- Attending a conference or event
Visitor visas are usually valid for a shorter period of time than tourist visas, and they may also have more restrictive entry and exit requirements.
What is a Tourist Visa?
A tourist visa is a type of visa that allows you to enter a foreign country for the purpose of tourism. Tourist visas are typically valid for a period of a few weeks to 30 days, and they have fewer restrictive entry and exit requirements.
Difference Between Visit Visa and Tourist Visa
Key differences between a tourist visa and a visitor visa are mentioned below:
Requirements for Obtaining a Visitor or Tourist Visa
The requirements for obtaining a tourist or visitor visa vary depending on the country you are visiting. However, there are some general requirements that you will need to meet in order to be eligible for a visa.
- A Valid passport for at least six months beyond the date of your intended arrival in the country you are visiting.
- A Completed visa application, which can be found on the website of the embassy or consulate of the country you are visiting.
- Two Recent passport-sized photographs
- Provide Proof of financial support during your stay in the country you are visiting. This can be in the form of bank statements, income statements, or other financial documents.
- Proof of confirmed onward travel ticket out of the country you are visiting.
- A Letter of invitation from the person you are visiting in the country.
How to Apply for a Visit Visa or Tourist Visa?
The application process for a visit visa or tourist visa will vary depending on the country you're visiting. However, there are some general steps that you can follow:
- Step 1: Check the visa requirements for the country you're visiting.
- Step 2: Gather the necessary documentation.
- Step 3: Complete the visa application form.
- Step 4: Pay the visa application fee.
- Step 5: Submit your application to the embassy or consulate of the country you're visiting.
Visitor Visa Processing Time
The visitor visa processing time can vary depending on the country you are applying to, the current visa application load, and your individual circumstances. However, it is typically several weeks or months. Here are some examples of Visitor visa processing times for different countries are mentioned below
- Visitor Visa Processing time to Australia: The standard processing time for an Australian visitor (tourist) visa is 30 days, but it may vary depending on the individual circumstances of the application.
- Visitor Visa Processing time to Canada: The visitor visa processing time to Canada is 28 – 45 days. However, the processing time can be longer if your application is incomplete or if there are any additional steps required, such as medical examinations or security checks.
Tourist Visa Processing Time
The tourist visa processing time varies from country to country. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Some examples of tourist visa processing times for different countries are mentioned below:
Tourist Visa Processing time to Australia
The tourist visa processing time to Australia for Indian nationals varies depending on the type of visa. Here are some examples:
- A Visitor visa (subclass 600) takes 28 days to process.
- A Transit visa (subclass 771) takes 1-16 days to process.
- A Student visa (subclass 500) takes 49 days to process.
- A Work visa (subclass 482) takes 7-12 months to process.
- A Business visa (subclass 600) takes 21 days to process.
Tourist Visa Processing time to Canada
- The tourist visa processing time to Canada visa application can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
- It is important to apply well in advance of your planned travel dates to avoid any delays.
- As of 2023, the estimated processing time for a Canadian visitor visa from India is 28 days for online applications and 34 days for paper applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre (VAC).
- However, this is just an estimate and the actual processing time may vary.
It is important to apply for your tourist visa well in advance of your travel date to avoid any delays.
Visitor Visa Fees/ Tourist Visa Fees
The visitor visa fee aka tourist visa fee is the amount of money that you need to pay to apply for a visitor visa/ tourist visa to a particular country. The exact amount of the fee varies from country to country. For example:
- The Canada Visitor Visa fees for application is CAD$100 per person, with an additional CAD$85 biometrics fee. The total cost of applying for the visa is CAD$185.
- The Australia visitor visa fee is AUD 145. This is the standard visa application charge for most visa applicants. However, there are some exceptions to this fee as well.
Tips To Choose Between a Visitor and Tourist Visa
The right visa for you will depend on the purpose of your visit and the length of time you plan to stay in the foreign country. Hence, choosing between a visit visa and a tourist visa requires a thorough evaluation of your travel plans and intentions.
Here are a few tip to help you make the right decision between a visitor visa and tourist visa:
- Define Your Purpose: Clearly outline the purpose of your trip, whether it is traveling for business, medical reasons, or simply for leisure and tourism.
- Duration: Determine the expected duration of your stay. If your activities require an extended period, a visit visa might be more suitable.
- Activities: Consider the activities you plan to engage in during your trip. If you intend to participate in business meetings, conferences, or other non-tourism activities, a visit visa might be necessary.
- Documentation: Gather all necessary documentation based on the chosen visa type. This might include business invitations, medical certificates, or accommodation bookings.
Choosing the Right Visa with GetGIS
Choose the right visa for your travel needs. Get help from Getgis if you are unsure of the visa type you need. They will guide you in choosing the appropriate visa and provide the necessary application materials. Getgis also offers PR services, Job seeker visa services, and job search assistance.
So, when planning an international trip? Get help from GetGIS Immigration experts. They will help you get the right visa for your trip, so you can cross borders with confidence. Book a free consultation!
Making an informed visa decision ensures a seamless travel experience. Who knows, you might create lasting memories during your journey.
- How To Apply For Germany Job Seeker Visa From India
- Visa Comparison: Single Entry vs Multiple Entry Visa
- Complete Information on Sweden Visa Types & Requirements
- Different Types of Australian Visa You Should Know About
- Top 30 Countries which do not require Visa from India
- What is The Difference Between a Visa and a Passport ?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the tourist visa time limit?
What is the difference between a tourist visa and a visitor visa UAE?
What is a visit visa in India?
What is the general visa validity period?
Canada: Single-entry visitor visas are valid for 6 months, while multiple-entry visitor visas are valid for 1 year, 2 years, or 10 years.
Australia: Tourist visas are valid for 3 months, while business visas are valid for 12 months.
What is a visit visa also known as?