How To Apply For Germany Job Seeker Visa From India
Table of Contents[Show]
- What is a Job Seeker Visa?
- Eligibility criteria for a job seeker Visa
- Do I need to submit any documents for a German job seeker visa?
- What is the process for applying for a German job seeker visa?
- Below is the step-by-step guide on how to apply for a German job seeker visa
- What procedure must be followed after getting a job in Germany with a job seeker Visa?
Germany is one of the most powerful and beautiful countries in Europe. It is the ideal location to go to if you seek a job due to its rapid growth and low unemployment rates. The country provides free education to its citizens and is considered a safe and desirable place to live and work.
In August 2012, the German Job Seeker Visa was created as an extended stay visa for German citizens. It is also considered one of the few nations that grant visas without a job offer. The primary goal is to entice more competent professionals from other countries to visit Germany for job interviews and job searches.
What is a Job Seeker Visa?
A Long-Term Residency Permit enables you to stay in the nation for six months while looking for work. If you have a job lined up at the end of the six months, you will be granted a German work visa or work permit, allowing you to live and work there. Please be aware that a job seeker visa does not permit you to begin working in Germany right away. It means you can stay and search for a job during your visit.
Eligibility criteria for a job seeker Visa
You must meet a number of requirements in order to be eligible to apply for a German work visa:
- You should be at least 18 years of age
- Have a Bachelor's/Master's degree from a German university or an equivalent degree from another country
- You must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in your related field of study
- Affirm your financial stability by providing evidence that your stay will be covered while visiting Germany.
- Make sure you have travel or medical insurance for the duration of your stay in Germany or until you receive your work permit
Important Note: To apply for a German Job Seeker Visa, it is not mandatory to know German. However, attaining a good score on your German language test can significantly improve your chances of obtaining a visa.
Do I need to submit any documents for a German job seeker visa?
Yes, several documents are required to apply for a job seeker visa. Such as:
- Duly completed visa application forms
- Valid passport
- A photocopy of the data page of the passport
- Passport-size photos - 3Nos (must be as per the biometric specifications)
- Proof of educational qualification
- Proof of work experience
- Proof of fund via
- Bank statement
- Blocked bank account
- A letter from your sponsor in Germany.
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of health insurance
- Curriculum Vitae containing education and previous employment details
- The purpose of the visit, course of action, and duration of stay should be stated in the cover letter.
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Cash or demand draft for document verification
- Confirmation of payment of visa fees
- Police and medical clearance certificates
Keep in mind that all documentation must be submitted in either German or English or both, along with a translation into German provided by a translator the embassy has approved. All official documents must be translated, authenticated, and legalized. If you do not comply with German visa regulations, your visa application can be rejected.
Also, it is important that you hand in the documents during your interview at the embassy or appointment center in your country of residence.
What is the process for applying for a German job seeker visa?
Once you have collected all the required paperwork, you must fill out an application form for a job seeker visa at your local German Embassy.
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to apply for a German job seeker visa
- German Job Seeker Visa application form, duly filled and completed
- Request an interview appointment for your visa
- Gather all the required documents for the visa
- Attend the interview at the nearest embassy or consulate
- Pay the Visa fees
Your application, supporting documents, interview, and decision regarding your eligibility for a Germany work visa will also be considered.
What procedure must be followed after getting a job in Germany with a job seeker Visa?
A job seeker visa is given to an individual who does not belong to EU nations to come and look for a job for six months. The visa is issued to bring skilled labor from across the globe to Germany. However, once you get a job it is quintessential to apply for EU Blue card.
Apply for EU Blue Card
The EU blue card is a residence permit for non-EU citizens. The EU Blue Card is a merit-based system that evaluates applicants based on their degree of education, work history, and desired abilities. However, this program does not work as a points-based system.
What are the advantages of the EU Blue Card?
Equal pay and working conditions for all citizens
freedom of movement across the EU
Social rights include permanent residency, family reunification, economic opportunity, and cultural diversity.
All benefits will be available to you, with the exception of housing, loans, and grants.
Does the EU Blue Card have a validity period?
The standard Blue Card has a 1 to 4 year validity date. You can renew your EU it if your employment contract is extended.
An EU Blue Card will be issued to you for the duration of your work contract, which must be more than a year and shorter than four years
You are given three more months after the EU Blue Card expiration date to provide you enough time to renew it or find another job.
Germany has stringent immigration rules and regulations that is constantly changing. You can get assistance with the specifics, advice on your alternatives, and preparation for the visa interview from a reputable immigration consultant GetGIS. The experts are qualified with more than 20+ years of experience in this field. They will assist you at every stage, from relieving you of difficult paperwork to assisting your family with a move when you land a job.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it difficult to get a job seeker visa from India?
Cost of German job seeker visa?
How much Proof of funds is required for Germany Job Seeker Visa?
Can I renew my German Job Seeker Visa validity after 6 months?
How long does the process for a German Job Seeker Visa take?
What is the difference between a work permit and a Blue card in Germany?
How to search for jobs in Germany?
Is Germany an affordable country for Indian immigrants?
Can I take my dependents or family to Germany while being on a Job seeker visa?
Does Germany offer free Healthcare?