Software Engineer Salary in Australia in 2023: Scope, Salary Ranges, & More
Table of Contents[Show]
- Scope of Software Engineers in Australia
- Top 10 Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Australia
- Average Salaries For Different Software Engineer Job Roles in Australia
- Top Companies Hiring Software Engineers in Australia and Their Average Annual Salary
- Average Salary in Australia for Experienced Software Engineer
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements to Work as a Software Engineer in Australia
- Software Engineer Salary in Australia: Encash the Best Value for Your Expertise!
Navigating tech salaries, especially in regions like Australia, can be challenging. In this guide, we'll explore the average software engineer salary in Australia, shedding light on this sought-after profession in the country's thriving tech industry.
Additionally, we will also discuss the factors that influence these salaries along with the best destinations the tech expats could consider for their brightest careers in the island nation.
Scope of Software Engineers in Australia
The increasing demand for software engineers in Australia is closely linked to the ongoing expansion of the tech sector and Australia's aspirations to establish a strong presence in the global tech arena. As a result, we could also anticipate a corresponding increase in software engineer salaries.
The benefits of being a software engineer in Australia are many including high employment opportunities, competitive pay, high standard of living, etc. A few of the notable additional advantages include:
- Australia's software engineering industry has steadily grown in the past decade and is expected to surpass $6 billion in market size by 2024.
- Australia boasts several respected institutions offering software engineering undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The total median compensation for software engineers in Australia is around A$147,591 (salaries include all levels of experience).
- According to Deloitte Access Economics' 2020 forecast, the number of tech workers in Australia is projected to surpass 1 million by 2027, up from 772,175 in 2019.
- Advancements in technology, tech sector expansion, and increasing demand for software solutions in finance, healthcare, and e-commerce are driving digital transformation.
Top 10 Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Australia
So, how much does a software engineer make in Australia? Well to answer that, the average software engineer salary in Australia annually is around A$120,000 and the average salary for software engineer per hour in Australia is about A$ 61.54.
Moving further, let us learn more about the highest, lowest, and average software engineer salary in Australia
|City Name||Salaries (in AUD)|
|Highest Salary||Lowest Salary||Average Salary|
|Macquarie Park, NSW||$161,987||$75,000||$125,337|
|Gold Coast, QL||$149,686||$63,784||$98,789|
|Adelaide CBD, SA||$145,000||$72,063||$90,564|
Average Salaries For Different Software Engineer Job Roles in Australia
Now that you are familiarised with the highest, lowest, and average software engineer salary in Australia, it is time to learn the Salary Ranges for a software engineer in Australia based on your job profile.
|Job Role||Average Annual Salary (in AUD)|
|Mobile App Developer||$100,000|
|Machine Learning Engineer||$125,000|
|Embedded Systems Engineer||$105,000|
Top Companies Hiring Software Engineers in Australia and Their Average Annual Salary
If you're a software engineer seeking a job in Australia, it's essential to identify active recruiters in your field. These recruiters range from large multinational firms to specialized agencies, ensuring you can find the right one to help you secure your ideal job.
|Company Name||Annual Average Salary (in AUD)|
Average Salary in Australia for Experienced Software Engineer
Curious to find out your earning potential based on the years of experience you have gained so far? The table below gives you the average salary that you could expect as a software engineer in Australia based on your experience.
|Experience Level||Average Annual Salary (in AUD)||Percentage Change|
|Entry-Level (0-2 years)||$60,000 - $80,000||-|
|Junior-Level (2-4 years)||$80,000 - $100,000||33% - 50% increase|
|Mid-Level (4-7 years)||$100,000 - $130,000||20% - 30% increase|
|Senior-Level (7-10 years)||$130,000 - $160,000||20% - 25% increase|
|Principal-Level (10+ years)||$160,000+||15% - 20% increase|
Minimum Eligibility Requirements to Work as a Software Engineer in Australia
The software engineering job market in Australia is competitive, requiring a showcase of technical skills and interpersonal qualities during interviews. To work as a software engineer in Australia, there are certain requirements that you must meet:
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering or computer science is typically required, with some employers preferring postgraduate qualifications.
- Foreign nationals must demonstrate English proficiency through exams like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Non-citizens need a valid work permit.
- Experience in the field is often preferred, though entry-level positions are available.
- An impressive application package, including a strong resume, cover letter, and portfolio, is essential.
Software Engineer Salary in Australia: Encash the Best Value for Your Expertise!
The software engineering salary landscape in Australia presents a lucrative and evolving field with abundant growth prospects. If you're among those eager to delve into software engineering opportunities in Australia, your search ends here.
Well, look no further than the GetGIS. Our team of experienced immigration specialists acknowledges that the immigration process and securing your desired job can be quite complex. As a result, we are deeply committed to offering personalized support, guaranteeing your smooth and effortless transition into Australia.
- Best country for software engineer to immigrate from india
- Best Courses in Australia For PR: Path To Success
- Australia Point System for Subclass 188, 189, 190 and 491: Know Your Eligibility
- All You Need To Know About Skilled Migration Visa Australia
- What is the Best Way to Get PR in Australia?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of living for a software engineer in Australia?
What are the working hours for a software engineer in Australia?
How much tax will you have to pay as a software engineer in Australia?
- Income up to $18,200: Tax rate is 0%
- Income between $18,201 and $45,000: Tax rate is 19%
- Income between $45,001 and $120,000: Tax rate is 32.5%
- Income between $120,001 and $180,000: Tax rate is 37%
- Income over $180,001: Tax rate is 45%
Which IT jobs demand the highest salaries in Australia?
- Front-end developer
- Mobile developer
- Cloud engineer
- Product manager
- UX Designer
- IT Security Architect
- Data Scientist
- IT Systems Architect
Is Australia a favorable destination for software engineers?