Booming Employment Market in Australia
Australia has been witnessing a robust employment market over the past years. The current job market in Australia, post the pandemic era specifically witnessed strong growth in terms of employment opportunities not just for residents but for immigrants as well.
Are you worried about getting good job prospects abroad? Then let us tell you that Australia has immense job opportunities. This page provides valuable information regarding employment opportunities in Australia. Keep reading to learn more.
Australia Job Market for Immigrants
Introducing the Biggest Employers of Australia: Top Companies
Retail, mining, energy, and healthcare are currently the major employers or industries actively recruiting in Australia. Here is a list of top employers in Australia.
Unlocking Australia’s Job Market: What You Need to Know
Intrigued to know if your skills are in high demand? We have all the highlights of blooming industries in Australia and the required skillsets as summed up, below
Which are the Top Highest Paying Jobs in Australia?
The scope of securing a better package than the average is quite possible in Australia if the applicant nurtures or adds up higher skills and expertise to his candidature.
Considering the in-demand skills and labour shortage in Australia, below are the highest-paying jobs, and the earned average salaries for the mentioned jobs have been presented in the graph below.
List of highest-paying jobs in Australia
- Cybersecurity and IT Professionals
- STEM field Professionals
- Healthcare Professionals
- Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Legal Practitioners
What to Expect to Earn in Australia?: Average Salary
The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that the average weekly earning in Australia has currently increased by 3.4% to $1807 AUD compared to the previous year. So working in Australia you can be assured to earn around the national average given that you at least qualify for the basic requirements of the job profile.
Learn How to Rightly Carry Out Your Job Search in Australia
Job search in Australia while living in another country could be a bit difficult to be done. However, it is certainly not a task that is impossible.
Here are a few techniques you could tip upon to secure your next job in Australia
- Power of Networking - Nurturing your network and contacts among the people working in the same fields or domains in Australia could help you greatly with referrals to avail jobs in a foreign land. The best example of this is through Linkedin.
- Job Portals - The commonly used service or alternative to search and apply for jobs in domestic and international markets. The best examples include indeed.com, LinkedIn, seek.co.au, etc.
- Immigration Consultants - This could be the most effective way to find and secure jobs online, as different jobs require different skill sets and requirements. Right immigration consultants like GetGIS would not just assist you in finding a job through different sources but also helps with resume building, interview preparation, suggesting job trends requirements, etc.
#protip: Be aware of fake job posters or middlemen and do not opt for monetary payment ways in exchange for jobs in Australia.
Looking for Employment, Benefits, and Revival in a Package? Australia is the One
Australia along with providing the best job opportunities also equips its employees with a whole lot of benefits that are quite exemplary for immigrants from all around the world.
For a better understanding of the employees, the country further splits these benefits into mandatory and non-mandatory (specified) employee benefits.
Mandatory Employee Benefits
Medicare is the universal health program in Australia that funds basic medical and hospital care charges for Australian residents.
While most resident taxpayers are subject to levying of 2% of their taxable income, a few high earners (not covered by private health insurance patients' hospitals) have to cover an additional charge of 1.5% (at maximum).
Super Fund Benefit
Superannuation is a government arrangement that encourages Australian residents to secure income for life post-retirement.
Worker’s Compensation Insurance
Every employer in Australia is bound to secure employees with workers' compensation insurance to safeguard them in case they suffer from any work-related injury or disease. Employers are subject to a variety of factors, including their industry, claim history, and remuneration.
Benefits of Work Flexibly
As per the Australia Flexible Work Act employees have the benefit to request flexible work arrangements post their completion of 12 months with the employer.
Employees in Australia have the benefit of availing an extended 10 days of personal sickness or carer’s leave for every employment year. Other benefits such as compassionate and bereavement leaves, unpaid family and domestic violence leave, etc.
Non-Mandatory Employee Benefits
Employees working in Australia have the benefit of earning 6% - 10% of annual bonuses, and few of the best jobs in Australia could earn incentive bonuses equal to half of their salary.
Career Development Allowance
Prominent companies in Australia invest in employee career development initiatives to provide employees with individual learning and development.
Life and Disability Insurance
This is the commonly paid non-mandatory benefit in Australia, premiums of which usually range from 0.5% - 0.8% open employee's salary depending on the factors like job, age, location, and, company size. For example, in industries like tech specifically, this benefit is 3X of the employee’s basic salary.
Employee Assistance Program
This program can be availed at the employee's convenience and the best benefit is that the program is quite affordable i.e. $50 or less annually.
This insurance type is provided to specific professionals or high-grade employees and is based on 75% of salary in addition to 10% of superannuation benefits.
The premium generally ranges between 0.8% - 1.2% of payroll.
Many companies in Australia are now providing facilities or subsidies for childcare or daycare placement services.
Paid Relocation Service or Visa Sponsorship
Many Australian employers offer Australian Work Visa Sponsorship along with relocation assistance to influence foreign talent to opt for jobs in Australia.
Few of the big brands in Australia offer the benefit of not just availing public healthcare but also extending their coverage to private healthcare and dental hygiene facilities.
This is a common practice in the Australian job market, that companies choose, to encourage employees to participate in the company’s shared ownership.
Recreation and Wellness
Companies in Australia invest in employee wellness and recreation aspects promoting the physical and mental well-being of their working class.
What is it in The Future: Upcoming Highlights of The Australian Job Market
- Australia to cross the 500,000 job vacancies this year.
- The recent mutual recognition agreement between Australia and India has opened up greater scope for jobs in Australia for Indians as the recognition of educational qualifications itself eases off the stress of educational stability or acceptance in a foreign land.
- Major states of Australia i.e. New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, and Queensland are expected to witness the highest job demand in the nation in a coming couple of years.
- Australia is currently working on addressing higher employee satisfaction factors as a result of which work from home to be the leading Australian employment trend for the next few years.
- Australia is all set to operate as a “superteam” i.e., incorporation of the right amalgamation of AI and human resources for greater efficiency.
Driving Economic Growth Through High Employment Opportunities
Australia's strong economy and diverse industries offer a wide range of employment opportunities for both local and international workers. With a low unemployment rate and steady job growth, Australia is a promising destination for those seeking career advancement and stability.
Hiring an immigration consultant like GetGIS can ease off most of your burden to self-work on every minor thing that too in an unstructured way.
Thinking of Moving Abroad? Here's How We Can Help
- Point calculation: In GetGIS, we calculate your points on your behalf to eliminate any chances of rejection or failure.
- Visa application: GetGIS helps you to complete your visa application properly and we even train you for your visa interview process, to make your immigration journey easier.
- Preparation for Language Test: GetGIS offers you expert guidance for your preparation for language tests like IELTS/PTE/CELPIP.
- Expert guidance for each step of your immigration: With GetGIS, you rest assured about your immigration journey. We help you to take every step in the right direction to make your immigration journey smooth.
- Job Search assistance: At GetGIS, you receive complete job search assistance, from CV optimization, to mock interviews everything is covered by GetGIS. And we won’t leave you alone until you get your job in your dream country.
So don’t waste your time thinking about the best time to visit Australia. Start your career in Australia with GetGIS by Booking a Free Consultation Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the Skilled Occupation List in Australia?
The skilled occupation list in Australia is the list that specifies the occupations that are considered to be valid in the nation along with their Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations Code (ANZSCO). One can verify their occupation code and validity concerning the visa subclass on the official website of the Australian Immigration Department.
Q2. Do Indians get PR in Australia?
Yes, Indian nationals are eligible to apply for PR in Australia given the condition that they are skilled workers or contribute to the economic development of the country along with scoring 60 points on the assessment calculator to gain eligibility to Australian PR.
Q3. How to work in Australia from India?
The first thing to be done when considering a career in Australia is to complete your skill assessment report from a recognized authority, select the occupation code under the skilled visa subclass and apply for nomination in Australia. On selection, you are eligible to apply for a skilled visa and fly the Australian land.
Q4. Are dependents eligible to work in Australia?
Yes, your spouse is eligible to work in Australia, however, the deciding factor here is the visa which your partner holds.
Q5. Is an IELTS score mandatory to work in Australia?
Yes, you need to have a valid IELTS score to work in Australia as it is the key indicator to prove your proficiency in the English language and your ability to carry out the communications related to work without barriers of language.