How To Become a Teacher in Canada From India
Table of Contents[Show]
- How to get a teaching job in Canada from India
- Are teachers in Canada considered skilled workers
- Express Entry for Educators
- NOC Teaching Codes and their Categories
- Criteria for selection under the Federal Skilled worker program for teachers
- Documentation Required for foreign teachers
- Teaching Jobs in Canada
- Reasons for Visa dismissal
Have you been trained in teaching and looking to relocate to Canada as a teacher? Let us learn How to become a Teacher in Canada from India
Migration can be a tedious process irrespective of the country you are planning to immigrate to. Different countries are willing to offer skilled labor, and the privilege to come, work and associate with their countries.
Skilled workers are always in great demand in developed or developing countries, and Canada is currently working through its shortage of skilled workers to meet the demand. Being a trained teacher is certainly the right time and great news if you want to immigrate to Canada.
The set rules and regulations for teaching jobs mostly say broadly similar among the provinces and territories but do employ a little variance concerning the local differences, as provincial governments operate individually responsible for setting out schools’ systems and operations.
How to get a teaching job in Canada from India?
Canada offers several job access for immigrants in the country in its different provinces. Because the country values educators above all, it is far easier to migrate and be employed in the country. A few of the top searched databases for teaching jobs in Canada even before you relocate include sites like Indeed.com, Education Canada job seekers, Workopolis, and Teach for Canada.
Moving further, first things first, it is important to understand the immigration process and programs available for teachers to migrate to Canada, if they are considered skilled workers and eligible under the Express Entry, if not then what is the procedure?
Are teachers in Canada considered skilled workers?
Frequently arising or rather, say the biggest doubt for educators when thinking to migrate is whether their job is considered in the skilled worker category like engineers, doctors, etc.
The answer to your smallest yet biggest query is YES. If we understand the definition of Federal Skilled Workers, they are individuals with suitable education qualifications, work experience, age, and language proficiency (in one of Canada’s official languages), who have been eligible under the Express Entry System.
Express Entry for Educators
Express Entry System is a great gateway for educators seeking immigration to Canada. The most common and easiest way is through the Federal skilled worker’s program under Express Entry.
NOC Teaching Codes and their Categories
|NOC Code||Skill Level||Category||Teacher type|
|4031||A||Secondary School teachers||
|4032||A||Elementary School and kindergarten teachers||
|4413||C||Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Assistants||
Criteria for selection under the Federal Skilled worker program for teachers
The mandatory considered factors for eligibility under the FSW program in the Express Entry includes:
- Age of the applicant
- Highest Degree of Education (qualifications above higher school diploma preferred)
- Minimum of one-year full-time work experience (that fall under the categories managerial, professional, or skilled)
- Fluency in English and/or French (Canada preferred languages)
- Adaptability (tested through assessment quiz)
- The current state of employment or Offer
Other eligibility-assessed factors for consideration in teaching jobs in Canada include:
- Latest teaching experience
- Educator’s familiarity with the Canadian education system, its culture, and curriculum
- Health or Fitness required to teach,
- Background (criminal records) verification and character references
Currently, teaching jobs in Canada require the candidate to have the required provincial certification along with a bachelor’s degree in education. It is understandable that obtaining certification can be slow, hence it is suggestive to start the course even before arriving in the country.
For teachers looking for opportunities in secondary teaching jobs in Canada, it is suggested to complete your majors in a teachable subject along with minors in another subject, which could be from languages, sciences, social studies, and or business.
Documentation Required for foreign teachers
Documentation is a vital part of any and every country to legally work in the nation. They include your qualification details, certifications, visa or permit details, and so on. To move to Canada as a teacher the following documentation is required
1. Education qualifications – for foreign credentials it is important that you determine if it is recognized in Canada, on the confirmation you need to undergo the ECA exam, which certifies that the qualifications are legitimate and meet the Canadian criteria.
2. Provincial teaching certification and license in your selected province or territory
3. Police background clearance Certificate with issue date
4. Canada’s issued work visas or permits
5. If you are employed in Quebec, a language fluency score is mandatory in French and English
6. 2 references from previous or current employment in the education field
Teaching Jobs in Canada
As we have seen above the different NOC for educators and the requisites to it there are two more job flexibility offered to the teachers willing to join the educator sector in Canada. That include-
Online working as a Teacher in Canada
We are well aware of how the pandemic has changed the dynamics of the functioning of our day-to-day life and various other aspects of life. One of the major differences is the imbibing of the online mode of learning for students from schools to universities.
This has brought a golden opportunity for teachers to get employed with the Canadian study system, though they would have to qualify the requirements similar to the ones immigrating to the country, but have the feasibility benefits of operation from the comforts of home or their origins, and highly competitive salaries.
Teaching jobs in Canada that Do Not require Teaching certification
Having had previous work experience in your origin country as a teacher but not yet gained teaching certifications, or have been living in Canada and want to get into a teaching job but lack the required provincial certification. No need to worry we have listed down some of the possible positions that don’t require employees to have a teaching certificate that includes International Language teachers, Tutors, Music Teachers, Montessori teachers, Private school teachers who can be certified by the institution, English & French second language teachers only require TESL/TFSL certificate to teach in universities or colleges, Day Care teachers, Education assistants, etc.
Reasons for Visa dismissal
Cost of living Funds
Canada is a nation with a certain habit of not encouraging residents to sleep on the streets. So as a precaution they would want to know about your plans on how to sustain life initially in the country. Having lots of funds but lacking paper proof or lacking in submission of proof of funds to support or sustain at least a month in the country would both lead to the dismissal of your visa application.
Factors to Automatic dismissal
It is important to ensure the listed discrepancies do not hinder your application acceptance, these include
- Possession of human or international rights violation
- DUI convictions
- Past links to organized crimes
- Criminal history
- Certain Health conditions
- Not enough financial security, lack of proofs
- Applicant found in relation to any inadmissible person
- Applicant not complying with Canada’s IRPA
- Discrepancies in your application
Becoming a teacher in Canada includes several requirements and qualifications to adhere to and qualify for. The application similar to other can be tiring and hard to figure out if not assembled and rightly organized. Many times chances are like you possess all the required but still don’t gain acceptance. It might be the result of not having the right guidance and assistance of when, where, and what. It is very important to do your research right concerning the chosen place of work, their requirements, options, career prospects, and multiple factors before making your choice. Immigration is not just about relocating to a new country, it is rather about the experience and new possible life to be built owning those experiences.
- Top 11 Canada Immigration Questions at Airport For Students
- Canada immigration after 45 years
- Canada PR meaning
- High Paying Jobs in Canada for immigrants
- How to increase crs score
- Canada pr process step by step from India
- Difference between express entry and pnp
- Is 7.5 IELTS Score Good for Canada Immigration
- Cost of studying in Canada for Indian Students
- What is loa in Canada
- How to Immigrate to Canada without job offer
- What is GIC Canada for International Students