Best Country For Interior Design Jobs: Unlock Your Potential
Table of Contents[Show]
Interior designers are certainly an integral part of every home or day-to-day places we visit. From home decor to venue designing and a lot more. Interior designers bring life to the plainest of structures.
Interior designing is a highly creative job that requires you to constantly think and ideate out of the box. Thus there is no second doubt to expect a handsome salary too for such a tedious job.
The best way to find out which countries offer the most for a designer's salary, simply take a look at this list. The article will cover the top 10 highest paying and best country for interior design jobs, all of which will be sure to satisfy your curiosity.
Top 10 best countries for interior design jobs
Luxembourg is one of the best countries for interior design jobs. There are a number of reasons why interior designers in Luxembourg are so well paid.
- The first reason is that there is a high demand for luxury goods and services in Luxembourg. As one of the world's wealthiest countries, Luxembourg has a lot of millionaires and billionaires who are willing to pay top dollar for high-end design services.
- Secondly, the cost of living in Luxembourg is relatively high, so interior designers need to be paid more to maintain their standard of living.
- Finally, the government provides significant tax incentives for businesses to locate in Luxembourg, which helps to drive up wages for all workers, including interior designers.
The average salary for an interior designer in Luxembourg is $60,000 per year. The top 10% of interior designers in Luxembourg make an average of $90,000 per year.
Norway is a small country with a high standard of living. Oslo, the capital, is home to many design firms and international companies. With a strong economy, Norway is one of the best places to be an interior designer.
There are many reasons why interior designers in Norway earn such high salaries.
- First of all, there is a high demand for their services. Due to the small size of the country, there are not enough local designers to meet all the demand.
- This means that firms have to compete for talent and are willing to pay top dollar for it.
- In addition, Norwegian interior designers have access to some of the best education and training in the world.
- The combination of factors as such results in very high salaries for Norwegian interior designers.
Interior designers in Norway earn an average salary of NOK 586,874 (US$ 71,258).
3. United States
There is a reason the United States is one of the most popular places to pursue a career in interior design. Not only are there many opportunities for designers to find work, but the average salary for an interior designer in the US is quite high.
- Interestingly enough, although New York City is often thought of as the center of the design world, it actually ranks fairly low on the list of highest paying cities for interior designers.
- In fact, according to The Creative Group’s salary data, the average annual salary for an interior designer in NYC is just $56,250, comparative to San Francisco where the average annual salary is $85,000 or Los Angeles where it’s $78,750 and it’s clear that other cities offer better pay for designers.
The national average annual salary for an interior designer in the US is $65,637.
If you're looking for a high-paying career in interior design, you may want to consider Switzerland.
- When it comes to job satisfaction, Swiss interior designers are among the happiest in the world.
- So if you're considering a career in interior design, Switzerland is definitely worth considering. Not only will you earn a high salary, but you'll also be happy in your work.
The average salary an interior designer in Switzerland earns is $74,982 per year.
There are many reasons to want to work as an interior designer in Canada.
- For one, the pay is very good. In fact, many studies or reports have also highlighted Canada being the second highest paying country for interior designers.
- It's not just the salary but the benefits of working in Canada as an interior designer has a lot more to experience. The cost of living is also relatively low when compared to other developed countries, and there are plenty of opportunities to find work.
- So if you're looking for a high-paying job in a developed country with a low cost of living, Canada is definitely worth considering.
The national average salary for Interior designers in Canada is $42,800 CAD (about $57,158 USD)
6. Saudi Arabia
There are many reasons why Saudi Arabia is considered to be the best country to work as interior designer by some industry experts.
- For one, the country has a very high demand for luxury goods and services, which includes interior design.
- Additionally, the average salary for an interior designer in Saudi Arabia is much higher than the global average, making it an attractive destination for professionals in this field.
- Some of the most popular interior design firms in Saudi Arabia include Al-Futtaim Group, Dar Al-Handasah, and Aecom. These companies often offer competitive salaries and benefits packages to their employees.
- In addition, many of these firms have international clients, which can lead to even more opportunities for career growth and advancement.
The average salary of interior designers in Saudi Arabia would be around SAR 264,000 i.e. $70200.
7. New Zealand
New Zealand is one of the top best countries for interior design jobs. Interior designers in New Zealand are in high demand due to the strong economy and growing tourism industry.
- The top 10% of interior designers (earners) have their numbers as $90,000 or more per year.
- There are many opportunities for interior designers in New Zealand, especially in the major cities of Auckland and Wellington.
The median salary for an interior designer in New Zealand is $62,000.
Russia is one of the top highest paying countries for interior designers. There are many reasons why interior designers in Russia are paid so well.
- The Russian economy has been growing rapidly in recent years, and this has led to an increase in demand for luxury goods and services.
- As a result, there is a greater need for skilled professionals who can design and create beautiful living spaces.
- In addition, many Russians are now living in large cities where space is at a premium. This has created a market for well-designed and functional homes that make use of every square inch.
- If you're considering a career in interior design, Russia is definitely worth considering.
- With its booming economy and increasing demand for luxury goods and services, you can expect to earn a very good salary as an interior designer in Russia.
The average salary for an interior designer in Russia is $85,000 per year.
There are many reasons why Spain is a great place to work as an interior designer. The country has a rich culture and history, which means there are plenty of opportunities to work on interesting and unique projects.
- The Spanish government offers a number of incentives and tax breaks for businesses that invest in the country's economy, making it an attractive destination for companies looking to expand their operations.
- Interior designers in Spain can expect to earn a good salary and enjoy a high standard of living.
- The cost of living in Spain is relatively low when compared to other Western European countries, and there are plenty of affordable housing options available.
- Additionally, Spain boasts a wide variety of leisure activities and attractions, making it an ideal place to live and work.
The average salary for an interior designer in Spain is $48,000 per year.
Interior designers in Qatar can expect to earn a lucrative salary, as the country is home to some of the wealthiest people in the world. There are many reasons why Qatar is one of the highest paying countries for interior designers.
- First, Qatar has a booming economy thanks to its oil and gas reserves. This wealth trickles down to those working in the country's construction and design industries, which helps to drive up salaries for interior designers.
- Additionally, being a host for events like FIFA World Cup 2022 has added a requirement of large-scale construction (luxurious and stylish hotel rooms, restaurants, and other venues) which has created an increased demand for interior designers.
The average salary an interior designer in Qatar earns is QR 20,000 per month (approximately $5,500 USD), which is significantly higher than the average salary for interior designers in other countries.
Interior Designers, this is the right time to fly abroad!
The ten countries on this list offer some of the best salaries in the world for interior designers, so if you are looking to make a move, these are definitely places to consider. With such high salaries on offer, there is no doubt that these countries are some of the best places to work as an interior designer.
Being said, it is understandable that the immigration process can as well be a challenging task for creative people who have been completely invested in sculpting the best masterpiece for the world to adore. It is highly recommended to hire a trusted immigration expert who could be your constant guide throughout the successful visa confirmation.