Top Scholarships for Indian Students in France
Table of Contents[Show]
Studying in France offers an enriching experience, intertwining culture, a captivating history, and a top-tier education. From the vibrant streets of diverse Paris to the scenic vineyards of Bordeaux, France's every facet awaits exploration during your academic pursuit overseas.
For Indian students aspiring to study in France, several scholarships pave the way for more accessible education and attainable aspirations. Whether your passion lies in science, engineering, management, environmental science, art, or even film writing, these scholarships cater to diverse fields of study, ensuring ample opportunities for your academic journey in France. Check out all the France scholarships for Indian Students.
Scholarship for Indian Students to Study in France
There are many France study-abroad scholarships available for international students. Scholarships cater to a range of subjects, degree programs, and students from diverse backgrounds. Similarly, there's a substantial count of scholarships offered to Indian students for France, intensifying the competition. Each of these highly contested scholarships comes with distinct requirements and benefits. Below is a compilation of the available scholarships in France for Indian students.
PhD Scholarship in France for International Students
In France, Ph.D. fees are fixed at €380 per year for both local and international students at state-funded universities. Private institutions set their fees, typically ranging from €3,000 to €10,000, higher than state university fees. Let’s take a look at the major Ph.D. in France scholarship programs.
1. Eiffel Excellence Scholarship
- The Eiffel program aims to attract top international postgraduates to study in France through a prestigious scholarship scheme.
- It offers funding for both Master's and Ph.D. levels, covering complete degrees and study mobility periods.
- PhD students under the Eiffel funding receive up to 18 months of support, including a monthly €1,700 allowance, medical insurance, subsidized housing, and round-trip airfare.
- Eligibility criteria include applicants up to 25 years old for Master's and up to 30 years old for PhD candidates from developing and industrialized countries.
- Fields eligible for the scholarship encompass Engineering (Master's), broader Sciences (Ph.D.), Law, Economics, Management, and Politics.
2. The Raman Charpak Fellowship
- It is facilitated by the Embassy of France in India and the Government of India and offers research opportunities at French universities or institutes. It is a fully funded scholarship program,
- Duration: 2 to 6 months
- Fields: Atmospheric Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Materials, Physical, Chemical, Engineering, Biological, Life and Medical, Mathematical, and Computational Sciences
- Benefits: Indian recipients receive 1500 Euros per month for expenses, local travel, accommodation, Social Security charges, one economy class return ticket from India to France, insurance coverage, administrative support for Visa and Registration, and Carte de Sejour assistance.
3. CROUS Scholarships
- It is granted by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and is based on financial need.
- Recipients can receive a monthly stipend of up to €571.30, tailored to cover accommodation and living expenses based on their need levels.
4. Conventions Industrielles de Formation par la Recherche (CIFRE)
- Students engage in a three-year full-time work contract conducting PhD research for both a French company and a public laboratory.
- This involvement comes with an annual compensation of €23,484.
Master’s Scholarship in France
While pursuing a Master's in France —a cost-effective option among European choices—securing financial aid, such as France's Master's scholarships, can help cover administrative expenses and living costs. Various funding avenues cater to these needs, often extending eligibility to EU students similar to that of French students.
1. Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program
- A prestigious initiative aimed at attracting top international postgraduates to study in France.
- Provides funding for Master's and Ph.D. levels, covering complete degrees and study mobility periods.
- Successful scholars receive a monthly allowance of €1,181 along with potential housing assistance.
2. French Government Support for Masters Students
- Means-tested grants accessible to French and select international Masters students are administered by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
- Scholarship amount: Up to €7,602 annually, provided to students facing substantial financial challenges, spanning 12 months.
- Eligibility Criteria for International Students:
- EU / EEA nationals with prior permanent employment in France (full-time or part-time).
- EU / EEA nationals demonstrating substantial integration into French society.
- Other nationals residing in France for two years, with tax residence also established in France. Or Students holding refugee status.
3. Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) Scholarship:
- Offered by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) and the Ministry of Higher Education, Research, and Innovation (MESRI).
- 40 scholarships will be awarded over a 12-month period, beginning September 2023.
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
- Additional monthly stipend of 500 euros
- Social Security coverage support
- Financial assistance for health insurance
French Language Scholarship in France
This Charpak Scholarship is offered by the Embassy of France and the French Institute in India, targeting teachers instructing the French language in Indian educational institutions. Aimed at supporting French language educators to improve their teaching expertise through a dedicated scholarship program to study French in France.
MBA Scholarship in France
In France, numerous world-class business schools house exceptional MBA programs. Certain universities extend scholarships to eligible candidates based on academic excellence and financial requirements. These are detailed below
How to Get a Scholarship in France?
Wondering how to get a Scholarship as an Indian Student to Study in France? Well, Most French scholarships for Indian students are granted by the Embassy of France in India or French educational institutions. To secure the right scholarship with optimal benefits, follow these steps:
1. Thorough Research
- Assess the compensation and assistance offered by scholarships.
- Review eligibility criteria to ensure you qualify.
- Evaluate the duration of benefits provided.
2. Create a Short-list: Compile a list of suitable scholarship programs or use the scholarships listed above to find the best match for you. And Prioritize those offering substantial and extended support.
3. Application Process
- Complete application forms.
- Submit all required documents before the deadline.
- Pay attention to detail to enhance your application's chances of success.
Start your Journey to France with a Scholarship
Embarking on a study journey in France opens doors to an array of captivating scholarships. If you're an Indian student eyeing France for your studies, diving into these scholarship possibilities is your ticket to an enriching educational experience. the right scholarship could transform your dream of studying in France into an affordable reality. Explore your study abroad dreams with GetGIS Immigration consultants. Our experts tailor scholarship opportunities just for you. Schedule a Free Consultation today!
- Exploring the Average Cost of Living in France 2024
- Top 10 Universities in France for International Students
- Top 10 Public Universities in France: Ranking, Fees and More
Frequently Asked Questions
Which fully funded PhD programs in France are available for Indian students?
What is the fully funded scholarship offered by the French government in France?
Is IELTS required for studying in France?
What percentage is needed to study in France?
What amount of funds is necessary for studying in France?