10 Common Immigration Frauds in Canada & Ways To Prevent it
Table of Contents[Show]
- Different types Canada immigration scams
- How to Protect yourself from Immigration Fraud
- Immigrate to Canada safely and fraud-free with GetGIS
The prospective immigration gateways to Canada have been witnessing vulnerability to different kinds of fraud. Are you curious too curious to learn how to be secure from such Immigration Frauds in Canada?
The number of immigrants flying to Canada has been ever-increasing. Majorly after the recent upliftment of the imposed immigration ban to Canada, the nation has been aggressively filling in the labor scarcity in all the provinces.
So, what is identified as immigration fraud in Canada? Immigration fraud refers to the misinterpretation of the details mentioned on the submitted application to the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada), or being cheated by a third party (scammers) on monetary terms.
Given in cases, where you feel that you have been a victim of immigration fraud or that you have been wrongly accused or charged with immigration fraud, it is suggestive to immediately consult a criminal defense lawyer for the handling of your case.
Different types of Canada Immigration Frauds
1. Incorrect or false Information
Specifying false information or details in the application or during your interview process with IRCC is considered an immigration scam in Canada. Fraud includes incorrect or tampered documents and misleading personal information.
2. Documentation Fraud
Sometimes applicants provide fabricated documents to gain visas for immigration that include education certificates, passports, fake work experience, medical clearance, police clearance, etc.
3. Counselling Misinterpretation
This is the type of Canada immigration scam caused by the immigration professional wherein they deceive the applicant that the application has been filed, and collect the respective money but in reality, nothing has happened.
4. Citizenship or visa fraud
This is a kind of where the applicant tries to wrongly prove his identity as a Canadian citizen by providing fake documents, or is involved in illegal stays in the country, or is working on an expired visa in the country without any extended permit.
5. Marriage Fraud
This kind of Canada immigration fraud is a practice wherein a foreign immigrant marries his/her sponsor or claims them as a common law partner only for them to immigrate to the country. This practice is also popularly known as the “marriage of inconvenience”
6. Internet fraud
In such kinds of immigration frauds, the scammers mainly target students of fresh graduates, wherein they offer unreasonable offerings at an impossible rate, to lure the applicants, and when you do the mistake to access the link they gain access to your protected data they misuse it.
7. Telephone scams
These kinds of scams are common in threat calls asking for codes or renewals of any permits or insurance or the requirements for staying in Canada. The scammers generally reach out to you as a representative of IRCC and threaten or push you to complete a certain process right on the call asking for codes, collection of fines or fees, etc.
8. Immigration consultants guarantee visa assurance - No consultation
Many times it so happens that you have applicant has fallen into the play of an unknown immigration consultant this is a kind of Canada immigration scam wherein the scammer is an anonymous immigration provider to the applicant he lures you convincingly that getting the work done in the least possible cost would be the one-time benefit exclusively for you.
9. Employers’ asking you to pay upfront
This is a popular and most common Canada Immigration Scam where scammers send you a fake offer letter and demand a token payment to ensure your secure visit to the country like accommodation advances or visa fees, etc.
10. Unlicensed Immigration Providers
This is one of the most common immigration frauds for ages, where people are lured with aspects like providing jobs in a foreign country by middlemen who promise to have contacts that can bring you visa acceptance in no time.
How to Protect yourself from Immigration Fraud?
It is not impossible for you to be safe against such fraud and ensure fair and successful Canadian immigration. All you would need to do is be updated and alert to before making decisions. Power checklist that can help you from not getting into the hands of fraudsters are listed below
- Ensure to verify the legitimacy of the Immigration provider
- It is always mandatory to have face to face consultation with your immigration consultant before taking the decision
- Do not share any sort of information, or codes or make a payment online as IRCC never demands any as such.
- Check through the official government resources to ensure a smooth and successful Canadian immigration
- Never autograph a blank form
- Ensure to check and recheck, and never pay extra charges which actually might not require you to make any in the first place
- Do not get influenced by promises of promising deadlines
- Ensure to collect receipts/ invoices for every payment made
- Job and Immigration are not a package to be grabbed handy - don't fall for such misleading promises
- Check that your consultant holds an Error and Omissions Insurance
- Most importantly never lie about anything on your application or during the interview process
- Never look or trust for shortcut processes - they never work out
- Prefer immigration facilitators who give you the option of a live status view rather than the ones who only want to work on words or trust factors.
Immigrate to Canada safely and fraud-free with GetGIS
It is understandable that Immigration is a dream for almost every person in India as they would want to explore better opportunities and value, having said that ensure to make verified and informed choices making sure that you do not fall prey to fraudulent practitioners.
IRCC and the Government of Canada have also been working on increasing the applicant feasibility so that to be well versed with their application status and every aspect with regards to Canadian immigration.
Also hiring the right immigration consultant will aid your dreams and efforts to be successful. GetGIS is a leading immigration service provider for Canada Immigration and PR services. We strive to make sure that your immigration is in the utmost transparent, secure, and in a righteous manner.