How to Write Appeal Letter for Visa Refusal with Sample?
Table of Contents[Show]
- Appeal for Visa Refusal
- How to Write an Appeal Letter for Visa Rejection
- Draft a perfect Appeal Letter: Format
- Sample Appeal Letter
- Strengthen your Appeal Letter: Supporting Documents
- Complete your Appeal Letter Strong and Perfect with GetGIS
Obtaining a visa to a foreign country is a time and energy-consuming task. The candidate needs to collect and submit the required documents, attend an interview, make the fee payments, etc in order to obtain a visa grant for the destination country.
However, even after going through this tiring process of visa application, there are chances that you might not be granted a visa. Irrespective of your purpose, the embassy of the foreign country can reject your visa, maybe because of missing documents, or because interview personnel feels there is something amiss.
That is the reason why many foreign countries provide applicants with an option to appeal for an application that has been denied a visa.
Moving further we will learn what is the step-by-step process that an applicant can follow for applicants who are searching for how to write appeal letter for visa rejection.
Appeal for Visa Refusal
The appeal eligibility is different for different countries, it is important for the candidate to check the requirement and the possibility of making an appeal for visa denial. There are three suggestive cases of visa denial by a foreign country
- The applicant receives negative remarks and he can proceed with the rectification and appeal letter for visa refusal
- No comments have been passed on refusal – enquire with the embassy to learn what would have been the reason and if you have the option of appeal for visa denial
- No chance of appeal, the applicant needs to re-apply for a visa – ensure you have identified and rectified your mistakes
How to Write an Appeal Letter for Visa Rejection
As mentioned above it is important to verify the applicant’s eligibility and option by the country before proceeding with preparing a draft of your appeal letter. In this quest of writing an appeal letter, it is crucial to draft a strong letter to prove your appeal.
Make sure to take care of the formats (if specified), and well structured. It is also important to ensure your appeal letter is not a very long document and neither too short (one or one and a half para)
#Pro tip: Ensure to draft your appeal letter in such a way that it is argumentative yet convincing and not an emotional display of yourself.
Draft a perfect Appeal Letter: Format
Things or points to be included in your appeal letter include
- Applicant details – Full name, address, date of birth, place of birth, contact information
- Passport number
- Details of your visa application filing and the purpose of your visit
- Date your received visa refusal decision
- Details of the reason for visa refusal (mention is same as in the rejection letter by embassy – if provided)
- Explain your reason why you feel the decision is unjust
- Applicant signature
Sample Appeal Letter
To whom it may concern,
Subject: Appeal letter against (visa type) visa refusal
This is your introduction section of the letter. Specify your details along with the reason for writing this letter.
Include all your personal details - full name, address, place and date of birth, and passport number. Next mention the reason for your visa refusal, the date of visa application, and your purpose of visit (along with a small brief as to why only this country).
In this section specifically mention the reason for your visa rejection, along with the reason why you believe you deserve the right to reconsideration.
(Order the reasons in simple sentences since it is easier to expand them in the later part)
Here you can go on to explain why you believe that the decision on your visa application should be reversed. Elaborate on the mentioned reasons why you have come to such a conclusion.
Try to put front a strong argument for these reasons in a convincing way. Try including references, to prove your assertion is not wrong. Remember that your application depends on how strong the ground you base your appeal, and convincing you sound.
The last part of your Appeal should include the date of your planned journey to create a sense of urgency especially if you do not have lots of time to wait.
Tell them that they can contact you for any further details, and follow with the line that all the supporting documents have been attached.
Applicant Full Name
Strengthen your Appeal Letter: Supporting Documents
In order for you to strengthen your appeal letter for visa denial it is important to attach supporting documents. You might have to go through the collection or recollection of documents to prove the thus assumed situation by the embassy might not be the right one.
Here is a list of support documents that can be attached based on your reason of rejection
1. The purpose of the Visit is not clear
- Booked flight tickets – reshare your detailed itinerary
- Letter of Invitation – admission letters by the university, employment, etc
- Cover letter – explain why you have chosen the said country and the reason along with the why factor also explained.
2. Doubt that you may not return back to the origin country
- Student admission or enrolment
- Employment contract
- Documents stating your ancestral presence
- Certificates that prove that you will be back for your family ties like marriage certificate, etc.
3. Travel insurance coverage is not suitable
- If you have purchased travel insurance coverage that does not suffice the travel requirements, submit the proof of new purchase of insurance made or have updated the current insurance as supporting documents.
4. Insufficient proof of funds
- Latest bank statement – try depositing extra money
- Attach a letter of support – a person who is willing to support your stay in the foreign country financially, attach their current bank statement
Complete your Appeal Letter Strong and Perfect with GetGIS
Once you have submitted your appeal letter to the embassy or whoever is specified to, they would forward it to the decision-making personnel or body of the foreign country. This time the decision taken is directly by the higher (high-ranked officer) authorities and they would be responsible to revert back to you with further steps or processes.
Having said that, if you are worried about how to write an appeal letter for visa refusal which is strong and impressive, get GetGIS to assist you with the challenging task.