DevOps Jobs in Canada for Indians in 2024
Table of Contents[Show]
- Scope of DevOps Jobs in Canada
- Types of DevOps Jobs and Their Average Annual Salary in Canada
- Top 5 Popular DevOps Certification Exams
- DevOps Companies in Canada
- Minimum Requirements for Securing a DevOps Job in Canada
- How to Apply for DevOps Jobs in Canada
- Navigate the Canadian DevOps Job Market with GetGIS
Curious about DevOps jobs in Canada? Wondering how to step into this exciting field? Whether you're a seasoned DevOps pro or just starting your career journey, Canada offers a host of opportunities in this cutting-edge tech domain. Let's delve into the world of DevOps jobs in Canada and uncover how you can be a part of this thriving community.
Scope of DevOps Jobs in Canada
The scope of DevOps jobs in Canada for Indians is highly promising, with a growing demand for skilled professionals in this field. Canadian organizations are actively seeking DevOps experts to streamline their software development processes and enhance operational efficiency.
Below are some tips that will help you make informed decisions based on a value-based approach.
- The demand for AWS DevOps roles in Canada is on the upswing, with DevOps Engineers possessing AWS expertise securing the 7th spot in LinkedIn's 2020 list of Emerging Tech Jobs in Canada.
- Between 2022 and 2031, there are projected to be 44,300 new job opportunities for software engineers and designers, with 48,800 potential candidates ready to fill these roles.
- DevOps engineers belong to the computer and information technology sector, which is expected to see a 15 percent increase in job opportunities from 2021 to 2031.
- The DevOps market is expanding rapidly, with projections indicating it will reach a value of US$ 287.9 billion by 2026.
- The average salary of a DevOps engineer in Canada ranges from CAD $135,000 - $145,000.
Types of DevOps Jobs and Their Average Annual Salary in Canada
Discover the diverse landscape of DevOps careers in Canada and explore the average annual salaries associated with each role. These are also some of the highest-paid DevOps jobs in Canada, offering competitive compensation packages in one of North America's booming tech markets.
Following are some of the top highest-paid DevOps Jobs in Canada
1. DevOps Platform Engineer
A DevOps or Platform Engineer plays a pivotal role in organizations embracing DevOps practices. They primarily focus on supporting the platform's infrastructure, combining in-house development with managed services. The below table covers the responsibilities of a platform engineer:
The average salary of a DevOps Platform Engineer in Canada is $101,438 per year
|Responsibilities of a DevOps Platform Engineer
|Manage and upkeep the infrastructure
|Automate provisioning and configuration tasks
|Set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines
|Monitor and address performance and security concerns.
|Ensure compliance with regulatory standards
|Collaborate with cross-functional teams for support
|Optimize infrastructure for cost-efficiency and performance
|Document infrastructure and procedures
|Stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies
2. A DevOps Release Manager
They hold a top position in DevOps jobs, often requiring at least 3-4 years of IT experience. They possess extensive knowledge of the software development and deployment process, emphasizing effective communication and project management skills.
The average salary of a DevOps Release manager in Canada is $135,035 per year
|Responsibilities of a DevOps Release Manager
|Supervise the complete software delivery lifecycle
|Lead project planning and provide guidance to team members
|Ensure quality by incorporating client feedback
|Effectively manage and mitigate risks through meticulous planning
|Foster clear communication between technical and management teams
3. DevOps Evangelist
This DevOps position serves as a consultant or senior employee. Their primary mission is to design a robust DevOps implementation strategy and convince decision-makers of its significant advantages, acting as a change catalyst for more efficient operations.
The average salary of a DevOps Evangelist in Canada is $88,109 per year
|Responsibilities of a DevOps Evangelist
|Develop a comprehensive plan for DevOps integration
|Advocate for DevOps adoption within the organization
|Foster consensus and persuade stakeholders
|Mentor and guide the transition to DevOps
|Facilitate collaboration and cross-functional communication
|Stay updated with industry trends and tools
|Measure and show the impact of DevOps implementation
|Continuous learning and improvement
4. A DevOps Testing Professional
This is among the top-paying DevOps roles, and is responsible for developing automated test cases during application development, typically requiring 2-3 years of IT experience in software testing and proficiency in various tools is crucial for success in this field.
The average salary of a DevOps Testing professional in Canada is $100,929 per year
|Responsibilities of a DevOps Testing Professional
|Develop automated test cases for in-development applications
|Plan and execute comprehensive testing strategies
|Integrate testing activities into the CI/CD pipeline
|Utilize testing technologies such as Selenium, Cucumber, and Silk test
|Manage test environments mirroring production configurations
|Track and report bugs, collaborating with the development team
|Facilitate effective communication with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
|Continuously improve testing methods and techniques
|Share expertise and provide coaching to team members
|Stay updated on DevOps and automated testing industry advancements
Wondering how to get PR in Canada after studying? Explore this blog: Different Ways to Get PR in Canada After Study: From Student To Resident
5. DevOps Product Manager
Within the DevOps landscape, the Product Manager role emerges as a key bridge between operations and development, offering vital organizational and managerial expertise for project success. It's one of the highest-paying DevOps positions, combining managerial prowess with a collaborative mindset.
The average salary of a DevOps Product Manager in Canada is $103,576 per year
|Responsibilities of a DevOps Product Manager
|Oversee the product development lifecycle and project management
|Collaborate with development teams, Build and Release Managers, security engineers, and data analysts
|Prioritize and rank needs based on business value and feasibility
|Develop a product strategy and roadmap aligned with corporate objectives
|Maintain stakeholder engagement throughout the development process
|Plan and coordinate product releases with Build and Release Managers
|Ensure a user-friendly experience (UX) and incorporate user feedback
|Conduct market research and competitive analysis
|Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and adapt to feedback
|Enhance company value by analyzing key indicators related to product success
|Manage development, deployment, and operations risks
|Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams
6. DevOps Security Engineer
A DevOps Security Engineer, one of the highest-paying DevOps roles, plays a pivotal role in ensuring product security. They collaborate closely with software developers to integrate security measures throughout the product development lifecycle, safeguarding both the product's success and its users.
The average salary of a DevOps Security Engineer in Canada is $102,676 per year
|Responsibilities of a DevOps Security Engineer
|Conduct security audits and vulnerability testing
|Implement and manage security measures and methods
|Learn about the latest threats and technologies in security
|Perform security audits and compliance assessments.
|Investigate and respond to security incidents
|Provide guidance on secure coding practices and design considerations
|Deliver security awareness training
|Work together with teams from different areas to make sure that security is complete.
|Monitor security logs and alerts
|Conduct regular security audits and penetration testing
|Assist in incident response and remediation
|Stay current with regulatory changes and industry trends
|Evaluate and enhance the product's security posture
Also Read: How To Get Software Job in Canada From India
Top 5 Popular DevOps Certification Exams
In the following sections, we will provide a detailed overview of each of these renowned DevOps certification exams and their significance in the DevOps landscape
1. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification validates expertise in implementing and managing AWS services to facilitate continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automation in a DevOps environment. It demonstrates proficiency in deploying and managing scalable, highly available systems on AWS.
2. RHCA certification with a DevOps Concentration
The Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) with a DevOps concentration is an advanced certification that showcases the mastery of DevOps practices and tools within the Red Hat ecosystem. It certifies the ability to design, implement, and manage DevOps solutions using Red Hat technologies.
3. Docker Certification Associate Exam
The Docker Certification Associate Exam assesses proficiency in containerization technology. It validates skills in creating, managing, and deploying applications using Docker containers. This certification is valuable for professionals seeking to excel in containerization and DevOps practices.
4. Certified Kubernetes Associate Exam
The Certified Kubernetes Associate Exam is designed for individuals aiming to demonstrate their knowledge of Kubernetes, a popular container orchestration platform. It assesses skills in deploying, maintaining, and scaling containerized applications using Kubernetes, a critical skill for DevOps professionals.
5. Chef Certification Exam
The Chef Certification Exam focuses on validating expertise in Chef, a powerful automation platform used in DevOps. It demonstrates proficiency in writing Chef cookbooks, managing infrastructure as code, and automating deployment and configuration processes, making it an essential certification for DevOps engineers.
DevOps Companies in Canada
If you're seeking DevOps job vacancies in Canada, you'll want to explore opportunities with the top companies in the field. The table below provides insights into leading Canadian organizations, their associated job roles, and the average salaries you can expect in this dynamic sector. These companies offer exciting prospects for individuals looking for job openings in Canada for DevOps.
|Salary Range in CAD
|$122,000 - $141,000
|$93,000 - $145,000
|Questrade Financial Group
|$94,000 - $132,000
|$77,000 - $118,000
|National Bank of Canada
|$84,000 - $111,000
|Azure DevOps Engineer
|$82,000 - $103,000
|$91,000 - $98,000
|DevOps Project Manager
|$78,000 - $84,000
Minimum Requirements for Securing a DevOps Job in Canada
If you are seeking an answer on how to get a DevOps job in Canada, then these pointers emphasize the technical, educational, and soft skills necessary for a successful career in Canada's dynamic technology industry.
- A degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field would be helpful
- Accumulate a minimum of three years of experience in DevOps engineering
- Proficiency in languages like Python, Bash, and PowerShell is essential
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud is required
- Preferred expertise in containerization solutions like Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated knowledge of source control systems, including Git and SVN
- Proficiency with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible and Chef
- Capability to diagnose and resolve issues in complex systems
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
How to Apply for DevOps Jobs in Canada?
Before diving into the step-by-step process of applying for DevOps jobs in Canada, it's essential to recognize that a technical role like DevOps engineering involves continuous learning. The DevOps job is continuous learning, hence it is important to stay updated with the tools for your professional development.
- Step 1: Skill Development and Education: Start by acquiring the necessary skills and education. Many DevOps roles in Canada require a degree in computer science or related fields. To improve your qualifications, it may be helpful to pursue certifications that are relevant to your field.
- Step 2: Prepare a Resume and Cover Letter and start the Job search: Craft a well-structured resume highlighting your skills, experience, and qualifications as they relate to DevOps. Begin your job search by exploring online job portals, company websites, and professional networks.
- Step 3: Interview Preparation: Prepare for interviews by researching the company, practicing common DevOps interview questions, and showcasing your technical and soft skills. Be ready to discuss your experience with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Step 4: Job Offer: When you receive a job offer, be sure to read the terms carefully, including the salary, benefits, and responsibilities. Negotiate if necessary and accept the offer once you're satisfied.
- Step 5: Work Permit and Immigration: If you're not a Canadian resident or citizen, secure the necessary work permit or visa to work in Canada. You may need employer sponsorship or apply through popular immigration programs like Express Entry.
- Step 6: Relocation: Prepare for relocation to Canada, including finding accommodation, setting up a bank account, and understanding Canadian work culture.
- Step 7: Onboarding: Once in Canada, go through the onboarding process with your new employer. Familiarize yourself with company policies and start contributing to DevOps projects.
Navigate the Canadian DevOps Job Market with GetGIS
In conclusion, the journey to securing DevOps jobs in Canada offers a world of opportunities and potential. At GetGIS, we understand the aspirations and challenges you may face in pursuing your career goals in this dynamic field. That's why, in addition to our comprehensive Canada PR services, we go the extra mile to support you at every step of your career journey. From providing top-notch IELTS training to offering job search assistance and optimizing your presence on job portals, we leave no stone unturned in helping you accomplish your dream job.