The 2024 Guide to Canada Immigration For Nurses From India
Table of Contents[Show]
Canada is facing the greatest challenge with the lack of nurses and healthcare workers in their hospitals right now. In this situation, Canada needs a large number of healthcare workers to help strengthen its workforce.
In a post-pandemic world, it is very important to strengthen the healthcare system to be able to take serious blows, especially because even before the pandemic hit, Canada was suffering from a lack of nurses. Hence, it is high time to choose Canadian immigration for nurses from India.
Projected Annual Growth in Employment
Why choose Canada for migration as a nurse from India?
Canada is a liberal country with a lot of scope for immigrant nurses. Moving to Canada as a nurse can be the greatest decision of your life, with its booming economy, and high standard of living Canada is among the countries which receive the highest numbers of immigrants every year. Here are some reasons why you should choose Canada to immigrate to as a nurse from India over any other country.
- Huge opportunity for Healthcare Workers: Canada has a huge lack of nurses in different provinces. Ottowa’s Job Bank employment website forecasted a shortage of 36,500 nurses during the time of 2019-2028. This allows Canada to open gates for immigrant healthcare workers and nurses in large numbers. Hence, Canadian immigration for nurses from India can be very fruitful.
- Booming Economy: Nurses in Canada earn about $78,000 per year or about 650000 INR. This can offer you a high standard of living and help you to plan your life with better opportunities. Canada is a country that is constantly growing and the development has never slowed down even during the pandemic and the subsequent recession. Canada also offers free healthcare and free education to all its citizens and immigrants under the PR category. Hence, Migrating to Canada as a nurse can be helpful to grow further and have a high standard of living in the future.
- Welcoming Community: Canada is a very welcoming country. It offers equal opportunities to both immigrants and people originally born in Canada. Hence, if you are a nurse migrating to Canada, it can be a great opportunity for you to elevate your life.
- Ever-expanding and supportive Indian immigrant communities: Canada is one of the favorite destinations for Indians to immigrate to. Hence, it is not beyond imagination that Canada will have an ever-expanding Indian immigrant community that will make you feel instantly welcome in the country. The welcoming community will strive to make you feel at home instantly after migrating to the country.
- Migrate to Canada without a job offer: If you are considering Canada immigration for nurses from India, you should migrate to Canada with a Permanent Residence visa and a full-time job offer. However, if you do not have a job offer, you can still migrate to Canada as a nurse on a study permit. You can finish your studies at a Canadian institution and start working in Canada.
- You can immigrate through multiple pathways: You can immigrate to Canada through multiple pathways including Express Entry, Provincial Nomination program, etc. If you are planning to get a Canada PR for nurses, there are multiple pathways to enter Canada as a nurse. Here are some effective pathways to enter Canada. Get to know these pathways better and understand how to apply for a Canada PR.
How to Immigrate to Canada as a Nurse?
Canadian immigration for nurses from India can be a little bit confusing but with perfect knowledge and proper guidance about the different pathways you can easily fulfill your dream of migrating to Canada as a nurse. There are four direct ways to immigrate to Canada as a nurse. The pathways include Express Entry Programs for nurses, Provincial Nomination Programs, Quebec Immigration Programs, and study programs in Canada for nurses.
1. Express Entry Programs for Nurses
Express Entry Programs for nurses include Federal Skilled Workers Program and the Canadian Experience Class program. To be considered for this program you have to meet certain criteria. When you meet the criteria you need to submit a profile in the Express Entry pool to receive an Invitation to Apply from the government of Canada. Planning to move to Canada as a nurse? Here are the ways that you can follow under the Express Entry Programs for nurses.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: The Federal Skilled Workers Program is for nurses who have at least 1 year of relevant work experience and a full-time job offer. For applying under the Federal Skilled Workers Program, you will need to create an Express Entry profile. After that, a CRS score will be given to you out of the total score of 1200 based on your profile. This CRS score is a defining factor in your successful immigration.
- Canadian Experience Class: This program is strictly meant for nursing professionals working in Canada as foreign workers. Hence, it is not the most popular stream of application, but if you meet the requirements, you can apply under this stream to get your PR visa. You can talk to an immigration consultant to better understand the requirements.
To be considered for a PR under the Express Entry program, you must score at least CLB 7.0 (Canadian Language Benchmark) in either English or French. You will also need to get a cut-off CRS score to get an ITA. Furthermore, applicants must score a minimum of 67 out of 100 on the six-factor test which assesses candidates education, language skills, and employment status in Canada. Want to know how to improve your CRS score? Understand the Canada PR process with more clarity by Schedule a Free Consultation with an expert immigration consultant from GetGIS.
2. Provincial Nomination Programs
Another way for Canada immigration for nurses from India is through the Provincial Nomination Program. The Provincial Nomination Program is run by the provinces of Canada in collaboration with the federal government. Along with the Express Entry programs, the PNPs regulate the majority of economic immigration. Each province has a different set of criteria for the candidates willing to apply. Make sure to have a perfect understanding of all the criteria before applying.
3. Quebec Immigration Program
Nurses are also eligible for the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program under the Quebec Selection Grid. As Quebec immigration programs are distinguished from federal programs and follow their own rules, you must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the province. Consult with an immigration consultant to get a better understanding of the Quebec immigration program for nurses.
4. Study in Canada Program
If you do not have a job offer, you can still move to Canada as a nurse. If you are thinking about how nurses can immigrate to Canada without a job offer, the answer is yes, on a study visa. Your Canadian study experience will help you immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident.
Now that you have understood the various pathways to immigrating to Canada as a nurse, let’s discuss the application process for Canadian immigration for nurses.
Step-by-step Guide to immigration to Canada as a nurse from India
If you are thinking about how to immigrate to Canada as a nurse, this section will tell you about the application process step-by-step.
Step 1: Get your credentials evaluated
The government of Canada recognizes five organizations to evaluate the educational credentials of foreign workers. These organizations are World Education Services, the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada, Comparative Education Services, the International Qualification Assessment Service, and the International Credential Evaluation Service.
Step 2: Get Your Nursing Credentials Recognized by the NNAS
To get their nursing credentials recognized, applicants must create a profile on the website of the National Nursing Assessment Services. For the completion of this step, you must provide your credentials and proof of identity, along with your IELTS results, directly to the NNAS to see if you are eligible for immigration.
The results of your language tests may be critical in your immigration to Canada. You must have a proper idea of the IELTS to CLB conversion scale to plan your preparation for IELTS. GetGIS can help you find the right resources to improve your IELTS score, which has been proven to help you in your migration process.
Want to improve your IELTS score through guided practice and additional help from expert trainers? Attend our free webinar today. Also, if you want more in-depth information on how to ace your IELTS like a pro, get your study plan customized according to your needs. Click here to visit IELTS Learn and get your study plan right now.
Step 3: Apply for The Right Province
Once you get your background checks done and your credentials recognized by the NNAS, it’s time to apply for the Provincial Nomination Program. Choose the province and the application stream you want to follow carefully. This is the most defining and crucial step in your immigration journey.
You can cut the stress of choosing the right province by letting GetGIS help you. The immigration consultant will guide you through the process of immigrating to Canada step by step.
Planning to immigrate to Canada as a nurse! Choose GetGIS!
Immigration to Canada is not easy. You need to have a proper plan and follow all the rules to successfully immigrate to Canada. If you are a nurse or willing to work as a nurse in Canada, 2024 is the best time to immigrate. Make sure you follow all the steps while applying for a Canada PR for nurses and move to Canada without a hassle. To complete your application process, you can take the help of GetGIS as well.
GetGIS offers all-around support to people willing to move to Canada with 360° job assistance, immigration support, IELTS training, and much more. If you are a nurse and want to move to Canada this 2024, book your free consultation with GetGIS today!