Top 15 Best Countries for Civil Engineers
Table of Contents[Show]
Civil engineers, are you aware that there are 10,000+ active job vacancies around the globe? Read on to learn more about which country has the highest demand for civil engineers.
Civil engineering's revival, driven by urbanization and infrastructure demand, has led Indian engineers to seek better prospects abroad. Benefits include higher pay, improved job opportunities, and quality education in diverse specializations.
List of Top 15 Highest Paying Countries for Civil Engineers
Moving further let us explore which is the best country for civil engineers along with the value that you could create by monetizing your skills there.
The recent labor market study by Engineers Canada highlights that engineers in every sector, majorly in infrastructure are in high demand.
- Canada is currently the best country for civil engineer jobs as it has a target set to generate 100,000 engineers who could be placed/employed in the country by 2025, of which the highest constituents are expected to be civil engineers. (*source: EDI weekly)
- The average salary that you could expect working as a civil engineer in Canada is about 74,955 CAD per year (*source: Indeed.com)
Australia is currently witnessing a high demand for civil engineers, construction professionals, and surveyors professionals, which is estimated to last for the next coming couple of years (till 2025).
- Currently, there are 10,000 plus job opportunities in Canada for civil engineers. (*source: Seek.com.au)
- Australia is among the highest paying country for civil engineers and the average salary that you could expect working as a civil engineer here is about AUD 95,063 annually. (*source: Indeed.com)
Civil engineering, one of the oldest engineering branches, presents a promising career path with abundant job prospects in the USA due to ongoing infrastructure modernization.
- The Bureau of Labour Statistics projects that the requirement for civil engineers in the USA is prone to witness a growth of 7% annually between 2021 – 2031.
- The United States is one of the best countries for civil engineering jobs as the average salary that a civil engineer earns annually aside from benefits is USD 85,374 (*source: indeed.com)
Civil engineers are highly sought-after professionals in Germany, offering diverse job opportunities, and it is anticipated to witness a 10% employment growth from 2020 to 2030.
- Civil engineers are one of the highest in demand jobs in Germany and as per LinkedIn, there are 4000 plus active job opportunities to be filled in the country.
- Working as a civil engineer in Germany you have a scope to earn an average pay of €43,095 annually (*source: payscale.com)
France's engineering sector is thriving, offering engineers attractive benefits and a high quality of life, primarily concentrated in major cities such as Paris, Lyon, and Marseille.
- France is also the best country for civil engineers and also the most desired destination for international students willing to explore careers in construction engineering.
- Working as a civil engineer in France you have the advantage to earn an average annual salary of €37,716 (*source: PayScale)
- Currently, as per shine.com alone, there are 875 job opportunities for civil engineers in France, which can be claimed by having a simple eligibility of 2+ years.
The nation has a substantial demand for qualified civil engineers, and the compensation is highly rewarding.
- The construction industry in Norway is worth $100 billion (approx) which is predicted to only witness increasing demand in the coming years.
- If you are searching for which country pays the highest salary for civil engineers then Norway could be one of the best options for you as you have an opportunity to earn an average salary of 560,000 NOK annually. (*Source: Salary Explorer)
Construction engineering specialization is currently witnessing high demand in the civil engineering domain throughout the Swedish market.
- Currently, there are 869 active job vacancies to be filled-in in the country. (as per shine.com)
- The average salary you could expect working as a civil engineer in Sweden is approximately 488,400 SEK annually. (*source: salary explorer)
Explore the demand for civil engineers in Austria's thriving construction and infrastructure sectors, uncovering promising career prospects and market trends.
- Job boards like Naukri.com state that Austria is in search of 7670 new civil engineers to join their workforce.
- Working as a civil engineer in Austria you have the opportunity to earn an average annual salary of €38,564 (*source: pay scale)
9. United Kingdom
Civil engineering is one of the highly demanded professions in the United Kingdom. Since the country is a market for extensive job opportunities in the engineering domain, the UK is yet another preferred destination by international students willing to pursue careers in civil engineering
- Working as a civil engineer in the UK you could earn an average annual salary of 32,241 GBP respectively and there are currently 10,000 plus civil engineer posts to be filled throughout the country. (*source: PayScale)
10. The Netherlands
In the Netherlands, engineers are in high demand, especially in mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering disciplines.
- Engineering is a very well prominent field in the Netherlands. It is specifically one of the best country for civil engineer jobs, having its branches spread from robotics to building designs, from aeronautics to sustainable development, etc.
- Working as a civil engineer in the Netherlands you are eligible to earn an average annual salary of €40,130 (*source: PayScale)
Swiss universities are among the best in the world for education in Engineering, Business, Tourism, Culinary Arts, etc.
- Aspirants with technical engineering skills which includes civil engineers, chemical engineers, electrical engineers, etc are in high demand throughout different types of industries in Switzerland. In March alone 138 new job opportunities were posted in the country for civil engineers (*source: Glassdoor)
- A civil engineer working in Switzerland typically draws an average pay of 118,000 CHF per year (*source: salary explorer)
Denmark is yet another best country for civil engineers. There are currently thousands of civil engineer jobs to be filled-in in Denmark.
- Denmark has a pressing need for highly skilled engineers to further advance its thriving sector with a rich heritage, often characterized by international workplaces where English serves as the primary language of communication.
- A civil engineer in Denmark owns an average monthly salary of 462,000 DKK with the possibility of owning the highest salary of 703,200 DKK. (*Source: Salary Explorer)
13. New Zealand
New Zealand has a robust demand for civil engineers due to elevated government investments in infrastructure, encompassing roads, water systems, wastewater management, and public structures, as well as significant projects in road and water infrastructure development.
- New Zealand is currently experiencing a shortage (of workers) for professionals in the civil engineering domain creating a demand for these professionals
- The average annual salary earned by a civil engineer in New Zealand is NZ$72,614 respectively. (*Source: PayScale)
Singapore is a country that has a constant demand for civil engineers as the country is highly active in taking up infrastructure projects which results in huge demand generation for these professionals.
- Their initiatives like the Green Plan 2030, housing projects, and new MRT line constructions require their expertise, making this evident without extensive research.
- The average salary a civil engineer earns in Singapore is SGD 45,600, with the benefit of making additional cash compensation. (*Source: Glassdoor)
The UAE stands as a remarkable fusion of tradition and modernity in the construction world, with an unquestionable and continuous need for civil engineering expertise due to numerous ongoing and planned mega-construction ventures.
- As per naukrigulf.com, there is currently 564 civil engineer recruitment in the country, and since the country is in the process of developing many mega projects the need for civil engineers is only prone to increase.
- Civil engineers in UAE make an average salary of 78000AED - 174,000AED based on the factors like industry, job location, candidature, etc. (*Source: GulfTalent.com)
What Does the Job Role of a Civil Engineer Include?
Civil engineers play a crucial role in the planning, designing, construction, maintenance, and improvement of infrastructure while ensuring public and environmental safety.
Their responsibilities include project assessment, blueprint creation, infrastructure planning, budget management, progress monitoring, on-site work, and infrastructure maintenance.
The demand for civil engineers is on the rise due to population growth and increased infrastructure needs, with an expected 8% job growth between 2020 and 2030.
What are the best-paying job roles for Civil Engineers Abroad?
Now that you have been equipped with the best country for civil engineers, moving further let us discover the most lucrative avenues for civil engineers overseas as we delve into the top-paying job roles in this dynamic field.
Engineering Project Managers
Senior Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering Drafter
Civil Engineering Technologist
Engineering Inspector and Regulatory Officers
Aspirants! Which Country Do You Believe is the Right Fit for You?
In today's world, civil engineering is a highly sought-after profession with abundant opportunities and a high acceptance rate. However, when considering immigration as a civil engineer, it's crucial to make well-informed decisions tailored to each potential destination.
Seeking guidance from immigration consultants is a proven method to stay updated on your chosen country's requirements. If you need more information on immigration requirements, connect with GetGIS for expert assistance and a smooth process.
Book your free consultation slot, without delay!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the key factors to consider when determining the best country for civil engineering job opportunities?
How does the average salary for civil engineers vary across different countries, and what factors influence these salary differences?
Are there specific countries known for their infrastructure projects and career prospects for civil engineers?
What are the educational qualifications needed to work as a civil engineer abroad?
What are the current trends in the industry that affect job prospects for civil engineers?
What are the long-term prospects for civil engineers abroad?