MBBS in New Zealand: Scope, Eligibility, Top Colleges, Fees
Table of Contents[Show]
- Why Choose MBBS in New Zealand?
- Top Medical Colleges & Fees for Pursuing MBBS in New Zealand
- Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in New Zealand
- Documents Required with MBBS Application in New Zealand
- Admission Procedure for MBBS in New Zealand
- Scholarship Opportunities for MBBS in New Zealand
- Job Opportunities and Salary after Completing MBBS in New Zealand
In the serene and peaceful setting of New Zealand, you can find two universities providing an exceptional MBBS program. MBBS programs in New Zealand's medical colleges span six years, offering cutting-edge technology and top-notch infrastructure to aspiring students.
These universities are featured in the top medical colleges according to the 2023 QS Rankings. Each university has two medical colleges, but it's worth noting that only the medical college of the University of Otago is recognized and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Why Choose MBBS in New Zealand?
Outstanding teaching methods. Drawing inspiration from the UK's education system, New Zealand places a strong emphasis on research-oriented instruction, ensuring that you acquire the skills to address challenges systematically. The curriculum will equip you to work both independently and collaboratively across different levels.
- The Medical Council of New Zealand registers over 1500 new doctors annually.
- An MCI-approved medical college in New Zealand allows University of Auckland MBBS graduates to practice in India.
- Of nearly 17,000 doctors practicing in New Zealand, 40% come from outside the country.
- The University of Auckland & the University of Otago both offer MBBS programs in New Zealand and are state-funded.
- Doctors in New Zealand earn around 150,000 NZD (~79 Lakh INR), nearly five times the income of Indian doctors post-MBBS.
Top Medical Colleges & Fees for Pursuing MBBS in New Zealand
New Zealand's MBBS programs are provided by the University of Otago and the University of Auckland. Below, you'll find information regarding the rankings, tuition fees, and other relevant details for these two institutions offering MBBS in New Zealand.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in New Zealand
To apply for MBBS programs in New Zealand, students must attain a minimum score of 75% in their 12th standard. However, it's essential to note that the specific admission requirements may differ among medical colleges in New Zealand.
For Indian Students Pursuing MBBS in New Zealand
Educational Requirements: Indian applicants must hold a science-related qualification, such as biomedical or health sciences. Additionally, they must register for the Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test- University Clinical Aptitude Test(UCAT) by June of their application year.
UCAT ANZ Test
The UCAT ANZ Test is a collaborative effort between Australian and New Zealand universities for medical program admissions. It's a computer-based exam held in Australia, New Zealand, and select international locations. To succeed, applicants must pass all five UCAT ANZ Test sections:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Abstract Reasoning
- Situational Judgement
Scores from each section are converted to raw scores based on a specified scale, and rankings are subsequently determined and disclosed.
Documents Required with MBBS Application in New Zealand
To embark on your journey to study MBBS in New Zealand, it's important to have a comprehensive set of documents prepared. Below, we outline the essential documents required for your application process
- NEET Scorecard
- Academic Mark Sheets Copy
- IELTS Scorecard
- UMAT Scorecard
- School Leaving Certificate
- COVID-19 Test Reports
- Medical Check-Up Records
- Proof of Nationality
- Bank Statement
- Personal Statement
- Passport-sized Photographs
Admission Procedure for MBBS in New Zealand
Compared to other countries, the admission process for pursuing an MBBS in New Zealand is straightforward and uncomplicated. It primarily depends on two factors: a counselling session and academic achievements. If you're considering applying for an MBBS program in New Zealand, here are the necessary steps:
- Step 1: Complete the application form with accurate personal information.
- Step 2: Submit the form.
- Step 3: After confirmation, make the enrollment payment and retain the receipt as proof.
- Step 4: Await the application review and official confirmation, which typically takes about 15-20 days.
- Step 5: Once confirmed, eligible candidates will receive an official invitation letter from their chosen university.
- Step 6: Confirm your enrollment by paying the tuition fees.
- Step 7: Apply for a visa and inform the university of your intended arrival date.
Scholarship Opportunities for MBBS in New Zealand
New Zealand universities offer scholarships to international students, and these scholarships cover not only tuition but also expenses related to travel and living.
Job Opportunities and Salary after Completing MBBS in New Zealand
Upon obtaining your degree, the average annual income for a doctor typically ranges from 100,000 to 250,000 NZD. New Zealand's cutting-edge medical technology offers significant earning potential for graduates.
For those employed by the District Health Board, qualified candidates can expect an annual salary of approximately 150,000 to 200,000 NZD. Physicians working in private hospitals may earn around 20,000 NZD more, as private healthcare facilities in the country provide competitive salaries. Here, we will discuss some common career opportunities in New Zealand after completing an MBBS program.
You’re all caught up!
To conclude, pursuing an MBBS program in New Zealand provides a pathway to an exciting and immersive medical journey, offering access to world-class education, practical training, and research prospects. GetGIS is your comprehensive partner for international academic ambitions, assisting you with study abroad services, PR assistance, writing your Statement of Purpose (SOP), and providing ongoing support upon your arrival. Contact our specialists to secure your future in the realm of medical science.
Schedule a Free Consultation today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum score required in 12th grade to apply for MBBS in New Zealand?
Can you secure admission to MBBS in New Zealand with a gap year after 12th grade?
Is an MBBS degree from New Zealand recognized in India?
Is NEET mandatory for MBBS in New Zealand?
What is the minimum amount that must be demonstrated for living in New Zealand?