World-Class Education in Australia: Facts, Figures & More
Table of Contents[Show]
- Facts about Education in Australia
- Cost of Education in Australia
- People for Whom Education in Australia is Suitable
- Have You Wondered What Opportunities Do Education in Australia Mean for You and Your Family? Find Out!
- Opportunities for Your Children
- How will Australian Education Benefit Your Ward/s?
- Vocational Education and Training
- Adult and Community Education
- What Does the Future Hold for Education in Australia?: Opportunities after Education for Immigrants
- Impacting Lives Through World-Class Education
Offering over 20,000 courses and over 1,200 educational institutions, Australia is ranked third in the world in 2022 for the quality of education it offers.
As a result, a huge number of immigrants and professionals seeking better opportunities for their families move for a world-class education in Australia.
To know more about how good is education in Australia, what is education in Australia, or the various scopes that “the lucky country” offers, stay with us till the end of this article!
Facts about Education in Australia
- Melbourne is the best city for education in Australia, with 8 top universities in the city alone.
- Depending on your place of residence in the country, school enrollment is mandatory for all students between the ages of 5 to 17.
- Australian National University is ranked 30th out of 1,500 international universities in the QS World University Rankings 2023.
- Out of 43 universities in Australia, 40 are government funded, two are international universities, and one is a private university.
Cost of Education in Australia
Since the public schooling system in Australia is funded by a combination of the Australian government (Commonwealth funding), state and territory governments, and fees, charges, and other parental or private contributions, it is not compulsory to pay tuition fees. This generally makes school-level education free of cost.
As a child moves to higher levels of education, the cost of a study programme varies by specialization and educational institution.
Due to the availability of various types of scholarships and Commonwealth funding, the overall cost of education in Australia is very low compared to other countries.
People for Whom Education in Australia is Suitable
Children up to the age of 17
The three levels of basic education in Australia are Primary, Secondary, and Senior Secondary and so, the average years of education in Australia is 12–13 years. The Australian education system includes public, private, religious (Anglican or Catholic), and independent schools.
After a child graduates from school and aspires to pursue a top-notch, globally recognised tertiary education, Australian institutions offer the best opportunities to earn a degree from one of the top 100 universities in the world.
Candidates with limited speaking proficiency
Sometimes, a candidate can be a highly skilled professional in his/her field, but poor English communication prevents them from impressing the employer with their high level of knowledge.
In such cases, taking language classes in one of Australia’s top universities will enable them to attend interviews and appraise the situation while also raising their English proficiency to the necessary level.
Specialists apart from in-demand jobs
In each of these situations, the person can get a local certificate in two years and local experience, or they can learn new expertise and up-to-date current knowledge to improve their employment prospects.
Candidates aiming for additional qualifications for higher PR score
Extra points are given for education earned in Australia when someone is seeking permanent residence. As a result, taking language classes and pursuing a professional degree in Australia gives the applicant brownie points, improving their chances of being granted residency.
Have You Wondered What Opportunities Do Education in Australia Mean for You and Your Family? Find Out!
Australia is a remarkable educational destination, offering a wide range of top-notch educational offerings, from early childhood education and English classes to the finest tertiary degrees and beyond. Consequently, it is the best you can dream of for your family.
Have a look at the prospects!
Opportunities for Your Children
How will Australian Education Benefit Your Ward/s?
1 The national curriculum framework followed in Australian schools provides high-quality fundamental knowledge regardless of the school you pick.
2 Communication, teamwork, creativity, and self-development emphasized Australian schools prepares your ward as being important in the modern world.
3 Australian school education also adopts cutting-edge technologies and devices that prepares the child to deal with technological developments and be prepared for the future of AI and lots more.
Other than this, tertiary education (university) is funded by the federal government and each university is autonomous in its governance. They provide a wide choice of academic and professional courses because they are teaching and research institutes.
As a result, international students account for approximately 26% of all tertiary enrolments in Australia, per the OECD's most recent annual report.
But, What Does Education in Australia have to offer to you or your spouse?
Apart from the types of education in Australia, the country has different types of training and education for adults, like you and your spouse, in the form of vocational training, and adult and community education.
Vocational Education and Training
- Each state has a system for Technical and Further Education (TAFE) or Vocational Education and Training (VET).
- It educates individuals for employment in a variety of careers in occupations that do not require a university degree.
- These courses typically require two years of study.
- There are VET and TAFE campuses all around Australia, and each college offers a variety of programmes.
- Students have to pay for a VET/TAFE course.
- Several employers offer this training in collaboration with a TAFE college. In that case, typically funded by employers.
Adult and Community Education
- Programs for adult and community education are for entertainment and broad interest.
- In general, they provide opportunities for foundational, entry-level, and pre-vocational programmes, bringing in previously disengaged students.
- The courses are offered locally so that everyone may easily access them.
- Fees are kept as little as feasible.
- There are no prerequisites and short courses are available.
What Does the Future Hold for Education in Australia?: Opportunities after Education for Immigrants
With the signing of the Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (ECTA) on 29th March, 2022 between India and Australia, the gates of top Australian universities have opened up for Indian students.
This is how the future of Indian students will improve:
- By simplifying the visa procedure, this would make it easier for Indian students to stay, study, and earn money in Australia.
- Post-study work visas will be made available to Indian students.
- Universities in Australia and India would be able to work together, and a favorable environment for researchers would be established.
Impacting Lives Through World-Class Education
Now that you have an opportunity to make the transfer to Australia easier and more successful, register with GetGIS immigration consultant and use ou adviceto your benefit!
Thinking of Moving Abroad? Here's How We Can Help
- Point calculation: In GetGIS, we calculate your points on your behalf to eliminate any chances of rejection or failure.
- Visa application: GetGIS helps you to complete your visa application properly and we even train you for your visa interview process, to make your immigration journey easier.
- Preparation for Language Test: GetGIS offers you expert guidance for your preparation for language tests like IELTS/PTE/CELPIP.
- Expert guidance for each step of your immigration: With GetGIS, you rest assured about your immigration journey. We help you to take every step in the right direction to make your immigration journey smooth.
- Job Search assistance: At GetGIS, you receive complete job search assistance, from CV optimization, to mock interviews everything is covered by GetGIS. And we won’t leave you alone until you get your job in your dream country.
So don’t waste your time thinking about the best time to visit Australia. Start your career in Australia with GetGIS by Booking a Free Consultation Today!
Useful Links: Further Reading and Information
- Benefits of Studying in Australia for Indian Students
- Australia or Canada: Which is Better for immigration
- 10 Best Highest Paying Jobs in Australia without a Degree
- 20 Things To Carry While Travelling To Australia From India
- 35 Interview Questions and answers for Australian Student Visa
- Top 18 Scholarships in Australia for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Is education in Australia compulsory?
How many levels are there in the Australian education system after my children leave school?
As an Indian student, can I pursue the total cost to study in Australia for free?
How is the education system in Australia?
Can I work while I am studying in Australia?
What are the three most popular scholarships that I can apply for?