Move to Australia and Immerse Yourself in a World of Culture and Wildlife
Table of Contents[Show]
Australia is a country with a rich and diverse culture, lifestyle, tradition, and wildlife. From its stunning natural landscapes to its cosmopolitan cities, Australia offers a unique blend of old and new, traditional and modern living.
Let's explore the many facets of Australia's culture, diversity, and marvelous wildlife and delve into what makes them so unique and fascinating.
What makes Australia’s Culture Unique?
Australia's culture is a unique blend of influences from its Indigenous people, its British colonial heritage, and the multiculturalism of its diverse population.
Here are some factors that make Australian culture a joy to experience.
1. Rich Cultural Heritage
Australia's indigenous peoples have a rich culture that dates back tens of thousands of years. These groups are scattered throughout the country and speak more than 250 different languages in Australia.
Their unique native Australian dishes collectively known as ‘Australian bush food’ is famous around the globe!
Australia is a multicultural society, with people from many different ethnic backgrounds living and working together.
Out of the 22 million people in the Australian population, 1 in 4 was born abroad. Nearly 20% of Australians also speak a language other than English at home, and 46% of individuals have at least one parent who was born abroad.
As a result, you may discover cuisine and customs from just about any country you can think of, including Chinese, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Mexican, Thai, and Vietnamese.
3. Outdoor Lifestyle
Australia's climate and geography encourage an active, outdoor lifestyle. Activities like surfing, swimming, hiking, camping, and barbecuing are popular pastimes that contribute to the country's laid-back, friendly culture.
Some popular outdoor activities and famous locations in Australia include
- Blue Mountains in New South Wales, the Grampians in Victoria for Hiking
- Great barrier reef for snorkeling
- Great Ocean Road in Victoria for cycling.
Australians are passionate about sports, with cricket, rugby, Australian Rules football, and soccer among the most popular.
Sporting events are a major part of the cultural calendar, with many Australians identifying strongly with their local or national teams. It isn't shocking to know that 90% of residents like sports and 13 million adults and 3 million children participate in sports events each year.
5. Sense of Humor and Friendliness
Australians are known for their dry, irreverent sense of humor. This humor is reflected in the country's comedy and entertainment culture and is a key part of Australian identity.
Experiencing Australia’s Wildlife
From the iconic Australian Outback to the lush rainforests of the tropical north, this vast continent offers a variety of environments where visitors can witness these amazing animals in their natural habitats.
Here are some interesting facts about Australia’s wildlife
- Australia is home to over 300 species of mammals, 800 species of birds, 400 species of reptiles, and 50,000 species of insects.
- The kangaroo is one of Australia's most iconic animals, and there are four species of kangaroo found in the country: the red kangaroo, the eastern grey kangaroo, the western grey kangaroo, and the antilopine kangaroo.
- The Great Barrier Reef, located off the coast of Queensland, is one of the world's most famous and biodiverse marine ecosystems, home to over 1,500 species of fish and over 400 species of coral.
- According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 56% of residents considered themselves to be in excellent shape.
Explore the Fascinating Blend of Australia’s Wildlife & Culture
Australia boasts a rich and diverse culture, lifestyle, and wildlife that are unique to the continent. In order to experience the richness of Australian culture, it is important to go through the Immigration process which is often an overwhelming experience.
Fortunately, with the help of a trusted immigration consultant such as GetGIS, the dream of starting a new life in Australia can become a reality.
Thinking of Moving Abroad? Here's How We Can Help
- Point calculation: In GetGIS, we calculate your points on your behalf to eliminate any chances of rejection or failure.
- Visa application: GetGIS helps you to complete your visa application properly and we even train you for your visa interview process, to make your immigration journey easier.
- Preparation for Language Test: GetGIS offers you expert guidance for your preparation for language tests like IELTS/PTE/CELPIP.
- Expert guidance for each step of your immigration: With GetGIS, you rest assured about your immigration journey. We help you to take every step in the right direction to make your immigration journey smooth.
- Job Search assistance: At GetGIS, you receive complete job search assistance, from CV optimization, to mock interviews GetGIS cover everything. And we won’t leave you alone until you get your job in your dream country.
So, don’t waste your time thinking about the best time to visit Australia. Start your career in Australia with GetGIS by Booking a Free Consultation Today!
Useful Links: Further Reading & Information
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some unique animals that can be found in Australia?
How does Australia's culture differ from other countries?
Are there any cultural events or festivals that I should attend in Australia?
What are some popular destinations for nature lovers in Australia?
What is the best time of year to visit Australia?
What are the requirements for immigrating to Australia?