Alberta Includes family relatives in the eligibility criteria for the Alberta Express Entry program
- Alberta has a high rate of job vacancy around 100,000
- A cumulative shortage of 33,000 workers across multiple occupation
- Candidates who have close family ties in Alberta are given priority
Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP), formerly known as the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, nominates individuals for Alberta permanent residence. The program is run by the Government of Alberta & Canada.
On January 18, the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP), which serves as Alberta's Provincial Nominee Program, added the presence of family members in the province to their candidate selection criteria for the Alberta Express Entry stream.
Candidates listed in the Express Entry Pool and listed as having immediate family (parents, siblings, children) in Alberta as permanent residents will be more likely to receive an NOI - Notification of Interest.
The Alberta Government is taking this new step to not only give better chances to candidates with close family ties but also to help new immigrants settle in the province and succeed. Alberta will be able to give 25% of its NOIs to applicants who have close relatives living in the province and have worked in a profession that is in high demand there.
What is Alberta Advantage Immigration program (AAIP)
Alberta Advantage Immigration program is established by the Government of Alberta, Canada to attract and retain skilled workers in the province. The program aims to provide streamlined and expedited processing for certain categories of immigration applications, such as:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream also includes Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway
- The Rural Renewal Stream
The above streams are intended for individuals with specific skills and qualifications that align with the needs of Alberta's economy. The program is intended to help Alberta address labour shortages in certain industries and support economic growth in the province.
What is Alberta Express Entry Stream
The Alberta Express Entry Stream is a sub-category of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) that allows the government of Alberta to nominate individuals who have qualified for the Federal Express Entry system for permanent residence in Canada.
To be eligible for the Alberta Express Entry Stream, an individual must:
- Have a valid Express Entry profile and have been invited to apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry system
- Score at least 300 points on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)
- Have a valid job offer or a work experience in an occupation that supports Alberta's economic development and diversification
- Meet the minimum language requirements set by the Express Entry system
- Intend to live and work in Alberta
- Have a valid Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if the candidate's highest level of education is obtained outside of Canada
Would you like to apply for PNP immigration to Canada?
Look no further, India’s leading Immigration consultant GetGIS offers end-to-end assistance to individuals seeking to Immigrate to Canada. Among the services we provide are assessing eligibility, providing language and other requirements advice, helping with the job offer process, and representing individuals before immigration officials.
Contact us for a free consultation and put your worries to rest.