Top Universities to Study Data Science Course in Canada
Table of Contents[Show]
- Why Study Data Science Course in Canada?
- Top Universities Offering Masters in Data Science in Canada
- Top Universities Offering PG Diploma in Data Science in Canada
- Top Universities Offering AI & Data Science Courses in Canada
- Scholarships to Study Data Science Courses in Canada
- Empower Your Data Science Course in Canada at Premier Universities
Are you passionate about data science courses and eager to pursue a career in this high-demand field? Look no further as Canada is a global hub for quality education and innovation.
Data Science is a dynamic field that combines various disciplines such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, and domain knowledge to extract meaningful insights from large datasets. Pursuing a Data Science course in Canada can provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in this rapidly growing industry.
Topics typically covered in AI & Data Science courses include:
- Statistical modeling and inference
- Machine learning
- Data visualization
- Data warehousing
- Business intelligence
- Computer vision
- Mathematics for Data Science
Why Study Data Science Course in Canada?
Laying out the evidence accompanied by impactful statistics, these very reasons make a compelling case for why choosing to study data science in Canada is a fantastic notion.
- Canada is home to world-class universities and institutions that offer top-quality education and research opportunities in Data Science.
- The University offers co-ops for students who want to integrate work-integrated learning into their studies and demonstrate progress from previous semesters in the workplace.
- In Canada, an entry-level data scientist makes an average yearly salary of 60,000 USD. According to the Canada Big Data Consortium, the number of data scientists doubled during the previous 4 years.
- Canada aims to generate approximately 300,000 data scientists by 2023, backed by projected government investment of $1.26 billion.
Top Universities Offering Masters in Data Science in Canada
A Master's degree in Data Science typically spans 2 years of Data science courses in Canada. It is commonly offered as a specialized track within mainstream programs such as Masters in Computer Science, Big Data, or Mathematics.
The average annual tuition fee charged by the top universities for pursuing an MS in Data Science in Canada is approximately 40,000 CAD, which is equivalent to around 24 lakhs for Indian students.
Here is a curated table providing detailed insights into the top universities offering PG in Data Science in Canada, including information about the duration of the programs and the associated tuition fees.
|University of British Columbia, Vancouver||Master of Data Science (MDS)||10 Month||$49,644|
MS in Data Science
Master of Management in Analytics
|Queen University||Master of Data Science and Machine Learning (MSc)||12 Months||$27,513|
|HEC Montreal, University of Montreal||M.Sc in Data Science and Business Analytics||2 Years||$34,100|
|University of Calgary||Master’s Degree in Data Science and Analytics Program||12 Months||$49,368|
Eligibility Criteria for Masters in Data Science in Canada
Below are the eligibility requirements for masters in data science courses in Canada.
- Applicants are typically required to have a background in fields such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines.
- A minimum average GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.33 is often a mandatory factor for admission.
- Some universities may consider scores from standardized tests like the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) as part of the application process.
- Applicants may need to provide an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5 or an equivalent score of 110 on other recognized English proficiency exams.
Job & Average Salary for Masters in Data Science in Canada
The graph below illustrates the Data science jobs in Canada and the average salary you can expect once you have completed your Master's in Data science in Canada.
Top Universities Offering PG Diploma in Data Science in Canada
PG Diploma in data science are available under various names such as Data Analytics or Diploma in Data Science, and some colleges offer them as specializations within management or computer science programs.
Most of these PG in Data science courses have a duration of one year, consisting of two semesters with a total of 30 credits.
Would you like to know what are the benefits of studying in Canada for Indian students? Discover more about it in this article, which offers a brief overview.
|Douglas College||Data Analytics (Post-Degree Diploma)||One year||$18,726|
|Langara College, Vancouver||Post-Degree Diploma in Data Analytics||Two years||$6,000|
|University of Calgary||Diploma in Data Science & Analytics||Four Months||$4,080|
|University of Waterloo||Graduate diploma in data analytics||One year||$17,655|
|HEC Montreal||Graduate Certificate in Information Systems and Security Analysis||1 year||$30,000 (total)|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Diploma in Data Science in Canada
Below are the eligibility requirements for a PG diploma in data science course in Canada.
- Applicants should hold a four-year baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (equivalent to 83%-86%) is required.
- Applicants need to demonstrate proficiency in English through an English proficiency test such as IELTS (score of 6.5-7.0) or TOEFL (score of 83-90).
- Applicants are required to submit a 500-word SOP explaining their motivation to pursue a PG Diploma in Data Science in Canada and their future plans.
- Two to three LORs (letter of recommendation) from academic supervisors or professors are typically required.
- Applicants should provide an updated resume that highlights their work experience, if applicable, as well as their educational qualifications.
Job & Average Salary for PG Diploma in Data Science in Canada
The graph below illustrates the Data science job in Canada and the average salary you can expect once you have completed your PG Diploma.
Top Universities Offering AI & Data Science Courses in Canada
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a highly sought-after course in engineering programs provided by Canadian universities. This program focuses on enhancing the intelligence and cognitive abilities of computers or machines.
In recent years, there has been a significant surge in the demand for graduates with expertise in Artificial Intelligence, primarily due to its strong connections with other in-demand fields like Machine Learning, Data Science, and Robotics.
Below are the top Universities that offer AI & Data science courses in Canada, with fees ranging from $17,900 - $35,000 or roughly ₹10.49 lakhs to ₹20.52 lakhs.
|1. University of Waterloo||2. Queen’s University||3.Centennial College in Toronto||4. The University of British Columbia||5.University of Montreal||6. York University in Toronto||7. The University of Winnipeg in Manitoba|
|8. University of Toronto||9.Saskatchewan Polytechnic||10. Ryerson University in Toronto||11. McGill University||12. Simon Fraser University||13. Georgian College in Ontario||14. St. Clair College|
Eligibility Criteria for AI & Data Science in Canada
Below are the eligibility requirements for AI & data science course in Canada.
- Students should have cleared their 10+2 examinations from a recognized institution with a minimum of 50% marks.
- For diploma programs, candidates must have completed their 10+2 qualifications from a recognized institution with a minimum of 50% marks.
- To be eligible for post-graduation programs, candidates must hold a bachelor's degree in their respective fields from a recognized university.
- Doctorate programs typically require a bachelor's degree and a postgraduate degree in the respective field.
- Students are required to clear an English proficiency test such as IELTS or TOEFL. The minimum IELTS score required is 6.5, and the minimum TOEFL score is 88.00 points.
- Some universities may require students to submit standardized test scores such as GRE or GMAT.
Job & Average Salary for AI & Data Science in Canada
The graph below illustrates the Data science jobs in Canada and the average salary you can expect, once you have AI & Data Science course.
Scholarships to Study Data Science Courses in Canada
There are variousscholarships available for students who wish to study a data science course in Canada. These scholarships aim to provide financial support to outstanding students and help them pursue their education in the field of data science.
Do you want to know how to get a scholarship to study abroad after 12th, here is a detailed article that covers this topic.
|Scholarships||Scholarship Amount (in CAD)||Studies Covered|
|BrokerFish International Scholarship||1,345||All levels of study|
|Go Clean Scholarship||4,702||All levels of study|
|Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award||Variable||Undergraduate|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||1,860||All levels of study|
|Paul Foundation Scholarships||27,100||Postgraduate & Doctorate|
|National Overseas Scholarship||Variable||All|
Empower Your Data Science Course in Canada at Premier Universities
In conclusion, studying data science in Canada opens up a world of opportunities for students seeking a dynamic and thriving academic environment. With top universities offering cutting-edge programs in data science, you can gain the knowledge and skills needed to excel in this rapidly evolving field.
Additionally, to make your journey even smoother, GetGIS Immigration Consultants is here to support you every step of the way. From providing comprehensive services, including IELTS training, university applications, visa processing, and post-landing assistance, we are committed to helping you achieve your dreams of studying in Canada.
So, embark on this exciting educational adventure with confidence, knowing that GetGIS is here to make your dreams a reality. What are you waiting for? Book a Free Consultation Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is GRE necessary for a Master in Data Science in Canada?
What is the usual duration of a Master's in Data Science in Canada?
Can I work while studying for a Master's in Data Science in Canada?
What are the top 3 skills for a data scientist?
Is proficiency in Python enough for data science?