Difference Between Immigration Lawyer and Immigration Consultant
Table of Contents[Show]
Immigrating to a new country can be a complicated process, and many people seek the help of professionals to navigate the legal requirements and procedures.
However, with so many terms being used interchangeably, it can be difficult to know the difference between an Immigration lawyer and an Immigration consultant. While both professionals can offer valuable assistance, their qualifications and scope of practice differ significantly.
In this blog post, we'll explore what is the difference between an immigration lawyer and an immigration consultant. Including their training, licensing, and the types of services they can provide. Understanding these distinctions can help you make informed decisions when seeking assistance with your Immigration needs.
Who is an Immigration Lawyer?
An Immigration lawyer is a legal professional who specializes in the complex and ever-changing field of Immigration law. They are trained to provide legal advice, guidance, and representation to individuals and organizations on various Immigration-related matters.
They can also represent clients in court, prepare legal documents, and negotiate with government agencies on their behalf. They are equipped to handle more complex cases and represent clients in Federal court.
Immigration lawyers are required to hold a law degree and be licensed to practice law in their jurisdiction.
Who is an Immigration Consultant?
An Immigration consultant is a professional who provides non-legal assistance and advice to individuals and organizations on various Immigration-related matters.
They focus on providing support and guidance with administrative procedures, such as filling out forms, preparing applications, gathering required documents, and representing clients to the appeal tribunal level if there is an issue with an application.
Immigration consultants can assist with visa applications, work permits, study permits, permanent residency applications, and citizenship applications.
How Can GetGIS Help Simplify Your Immigration Journey
At GetGIS, we believe that every client's Immigration journey is unique, and we strive to provide personalized and effective solutions to help you achieve your dreams of living and working abroad. Immigration Consultants at GetGIS will help you navigate the Immigration process step-by-step as follows:
- Step 1: Understanding the Client's Needs and Goals: We begin by listening to the client's needs and goals, including your preferred destination country, the purpose of Immigration, and any specific requirements you may have. This helps us understand the situation and tailor our services to meet your unique needs.
- Step 2: Assessing Eligibility: Next, we conduct a preliminary eligibility assessment to determine whether you meet the basic requirements for the Immigration program you are interested in. We may ask you to provide certain documents and information to support your eligibility assessment.
- Step 3: Provide a Customized Immigration Plan: Based on the client's needs and eligibility, we provide a customized Immigration plan outlining the various steps involved in the Immigration process, timelines, and costs.
- Step 4: Assisting with Document Preparation: We assist the client with preparing the required documents, such as resumes, cover letters, reference letters, and other supporting documentation, to ensure that you meet the Immigration program's requirements.
- Step 5: Offering Language Training: For clients who require language and cultural training, we provide comprehensive resources, including IELTS services and Ebooks, to help them prepare for their new life abroad and achieve a higher band score.
- Step 6: Job Search Assistance: For clients seeking job opportunities abroad, we provide job search assistance, including resume writing, LinkedIn optimization, and other job search strategies to help them find suitable employment in their destination country.
- Step 7: Keeping Clients Informed in Real-Time: Throughout the Immigration process, we keep you informed of your progress in real-time through a single dashboard, providing you with peace of mind and confidence that your Immigration journey is progressing smoothly.
What is the Difference Between an Immigration lawyer and an Immigration Consultant?
Understanding the differences between immigration lawyers vs immigration consultants is crucial. Here are the 5 main key differences:
- Qualification and Licensing: Immigration lawyers are legal professionals who hold a law degree and are licensed to practice law in their jurisdiction. In contrast, Immigration consultants are not licensed to practice law and do not hold a law degree.
- Scope of Practice: Immigration lawyers are authorized to provide legal advice, represent clients in court, and prepare legal documents. Immigration consultants, on the other hand, focus on providing non-legal assistance with administrative procedures.
- Services Offered: Immigration lawyers can assist clients with a wide range of Immigration-related issues, including obtaining visas, permanent residency, citizenship, deportation defense, and asylum applications. Immigration consultants typically offer services such as visa applications, work permits, study permits, permanent residency applications, and citizenship applications, as well as job search assistance and language and cultural training.
- Fees: Immigration lawyers typically charge higher fees than Immigration consultants due to their higher level of education and licensing requirements. Immigration consultants' fees are generally lower because they provide non-legal assistance.
- Regulatory Oversight: Immigration lawyers are regulated by state or provincial bar associations, and they must adhere to strict ethical and professional standards. Immigration consultants may be regulated in some jurisdictions, but they are not subject to the same level of oversight as lawyers.
Navigate the Immigration Maze with Ease: GetGIS Has Got You CoveredIn conclusion, it is crucial to understand the difference between an Immigration lawyer and an Immigration consultant before seeking legal assistance for any Immigration-related matter. However, it is also quintessential to consider the complexity of the case and the level of legal expertise required to ensure the best possible outcome. The leading Global Immigration Services company in India, GetGIS, can assist you in all aspects of international Immigration to Canada, Australia, Germany, Sweden, and Austria. Schedule a Free Consultation.