Best Engineering Universities in Germany in 2023
Table of Contents[Show]
Engineering in Germany offers high-quality education, cutting-edge research opportunities, and a wide range of specialized programs taught in English, making it a sought-after destination for international students pursuing diverse engineering fields. In this blog, you will come to know about the best engineering universities in Germany in 2023.
Why Engineering In Germany?
There are many reasons to choose Germany for engineering, but the below listed are some important points to be noted.
- The total number of International students in Germany as of 2022 is 440,564.
- The enrollment of International Students increased by 5.7% in the last two years.
- Students can pursue engineering with world-class education with research, development, and innovation.
Top 10 Engineering Universities in Germany for International Students
As Germany has a drastic growth in its country’s economy, there are plenty of universities to provide engineering. But the below listed are the top 10 engineering universities in Germany for international students.
|Technical University Munich
|Approximately €1,500 – €3,000 per annum
|Karlsruhe Institute of Tech.
|Around €1,500 – €3,000 per annum
|RWTH Aachen University
|Estimated at €1,500 – €3,000 per annum
|Technical Univ. Darmstadt
|Typical range: €1,500 – €3,000 per annum
|University of Stuttgart
|Ranges from €2,000 – €4,000 per annum
|Ruhr University Bochum
|Varies between €1,000 – €2,000 per annum
|Leibniz Univ. of Hannover
|Generally €1,000 – €2,000 per annum
|Typically €1,000 – €2,000 per annum
|Tech. Univ. of Hamburg
|Average around €1,000 – €2,000 per annum
|Univ. of Duisburg, Essen
|Usually within €1,000 – €2,000 per annum
Are you planning to manage your expenses independently? Check out Top 10 part-time jobs in Germany for Indian Students
Scholarships for International Students in Germany
Studying in Germany seems possible for Indian students because of the scholarships they provide for International students by supporting and encouraging them to step forward toward career growth. The below listed are scholarship foundations in Germany.
- DAAD Scholarships: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a wide range of scholarships for international students, including those from India. They have programs for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral studies. The most popular is the DAAD Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies in all disciplines.
- Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships: This foundation offers scholarships for international students, including Indians, who wish to pursue a Master's, Ph.D., or research in various fields, such as social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships: This foundation provides scholarships for international students who demonstrate academic excellence and a strong commitment to social and political engagement. The scholarships are available for various degree levels.
- Deutschlandstipendium: This government-funded scholarship supports domestic and international students based on their academic achievements and potential. Many universities in Germany offer this scholarship, and the application process varies from one institution to another.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships: These are European Union scholarships that support international students for specific Master's degree programs offered by a consortium of European universities. Some of these programs might have partnerships with Indian universities.
- BayIND Scholarships: These scholarships are offered by the Bavarian-Indian Centre for Business and University Cooperation (BayIND) and support Indian students pursuing higher education in Bavaria, Germany.
- In-Country Scholarships: Some universities in Germany also offer scholarships specifically for Indian students. For example, the Technical University of Munich (TUM) offers the "TUM India Scholarship" for Indian students applying for Master's programs.
Read this article for Cost of Study in Germany: All You Need to Know.
Eligibility Criteria To Study Engineering in Germany
Every university has specific eligibility criteria, but the below listed are the common eligibility criteria required to study engineering in Germany.
- School leaving certificate that class 10 with a minimum of 75 percent marks.
- Passing 10+2 with 65 percent marks and above.
- English Language: Many engineering programs in Germany are offered in English. Therefore, you will likely need to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by providing scores from standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL. Some universities may waive this requirement if you have previously studied in English or if English is your native language.
- German Language: If you are planning to study in a German-taught program, you might need to demonstrate your proficiency in the German language by providing scores from exams like TestDaF or the DSH (German Language University Entrance Examination).
- Academic Transcripts and Certificates: You'll generally need to provide official transcripts and certificates of your previous academic qualifications, including high school or Bachelor's degree certificates, depending on the level of study you're applying for.
- Relevant Background: Engineering programs may have specific prerequisites or expectations regarding your academic background. Make sure your previous studies align with the requirements of the program you're applying for.
Documents Required for a German Student Visa
To get a valid German study visa, you’ll have to need the following documents for the further process. The below-listed are the required documents to apply for a German student visa.
- Valid passport.
- Documents indicating your civil status.
- Two high-quality identical photographs.
- Evidence of your accommodation arrangements in Germany.
- Proof of comprehensive student health insurance.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Financial proof of having at least €10,332 per year or €861 per month.
- Validated School Leaving Certificates.
- Confirmation of application.
- An acceptance letter from the university.
- A cover letter explaining your reasons for selecting the university, the program, your study plan, and how these studies will enhance your future career.
- Provide a TestDaf or DSH score.
- Proof of proficiency in German or English. For English-language courses: Present a TOEFL or IELTS score as language proficiency evidence.
Explore the World with GetGIS: Your Gateway to Study Abroad!
Unlock boundless opportunities, immerse in diverse cultures, and gain life-changing experiences as you pursue global education with GetGIS. From historic streets to vibrant campuses, we'll guide you every step of the way, making your study abroad dreams a vivid reality.
Don't miss this chance to broaden your horizons, forge lifelong friendships, and acquire invaluable skills beyond the classroom. Let GetGIS be your trusted companion in transforming your dreams into cherished memories that will last a lifetime. Start your study abroad journey with us today by booking a free consultation call.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best engineering colleges in Germany for Computer Science?
What are the best civil engineering colleges in Germany?
List out the best colleges in Germany for ms in automobile engineering.
Is it necessary to know German to study engineering in Germany?
What are the typical admission requirements for engineering programs in Germany?
Are there scholarships available for international students pursuing engineering in Germany?
What is the duration of engineering programs in Germany?